Senior Consultant at Live Connections
Views:1123 Applications:14 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:5
Operations Leader - Sourcing - Pharma/Healthcare (5-7 yrs)
Sourcing - Operations Leader
Position Title : Sourcing - Operations Leader
Function : Sourcing & Logistics
Reporting to: Sourcing - Operations Manager
Job Scope includes :
- Assume line management responsibility for a team of typically 8- 10. Procurement Specialists/Sr. Procurement Specialists who provide Sourcing Process Support to Sourcing & Logistics Team & Clients.
Job Description :
- Assume line management responsibility for a team of 8- 10 Procurement Specialists/Sr. Procurement Specialists who provide Logistics Buyers and other Process Support to S&L Team and Sites.
- Accountable for daily operations and deliverables
- Identify and execute plans to eliminate operational inefficiencies
- Lead, Motivate & develop team to meet & exceed deliverables
- Ensure Quality & Audit standards are met
- Provide Subject Matter expertise to the team on the domain
- Significant interaction with US Sites, Suppliers, Buyers & Sourcing Managers about the support to be provided
- Be Proactive and implement controls to sustain operations
- Serve as the first escalation point (both as people Leader & SME) within the team and for S&L and Clients
- Work closely with the Quality Team to improve the efficiency / quality of the work
- Management & Development of the individuals on the team, including performance & career management.
- Providing Buying, Transaction, Strategic & Analytic support by performing wide Range of Direct & Indirect Commodity work requests using broader knowledge of Sourcing & Procurement
- Driving Fundamental Improvements in Commodity Area's.
- Significant interaction with US Sites, Suppliers, Sourcing Managers & Buyers
- Provide Subject Matter Support on Sourcing Domain to Procurement
Specialists to maximize the effectiveness / efficiency of the process.
- Work Closely with Suppliers, Buyers, Sourcing Managers and Sites to provide Procurement Support.
Skill Sets/Experience :
- Graduates with knowledge of SAP with Overall 5-6 Yrs of experience in Sourcing & Logistics domain (Transportation & Warehousing Operations) with at least 2 Yrs in People Management/Leadership role
- Excellent Verbal & Written Communication Skills
- Experience in SAP Materials Management
- Experience in Sourcing & Procurement Domain
- Leadership & Problem Solving Skills
- Proven skills in leading and coaching people and organizations
- Effective in leading and managing change
- Experience in working in an international framework
- Customer and client service orientation
- Experience in handling multiple processes
- Subject matter expertise and ability to develop front line resources in the work being managed.
- Procurement System (SAP Exp) / Transactional Processing Knowledge
- Ability to understand contracts and contract language
- Good Excel / Power Point / Word skills
- Good Multitasking, prioritization, time management skills
- Ability to work independently in complex, challenging, stressful environment
- Competencies required for the purpose of Targeted Selection Process:
- Work Standards
- Technical / Professional Knowledge and Skills
- Aligning Performance for Success
- Building a Successful Team
- Gaining Commitment
- Information Monitoring
- Building Trust
- Customer Focus
- Initiating Action
- Managing Work (includes Time Management)
- Planning and Organizing
- Quality Orientation