Vice President/Partner at Perfect Placer Management Consulting
Views:742 Applications:112 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:21
Operations Head - Plastic Recycling - Tyre Business (15-24 yrs)
MRF Operations Head - Plastic Recycling
- You will be responsible for supervising a team along with assisting in the day-to-day running of operations within the MRF and all aspects of health and safety within the MRF.
- You will be responsible for a processing site (Materials Recovery Facility / Recycling Centre) with a company that lead the industry in plastics recycling
- You will be responsible for the efficient running of the site, helping to measure and control input and output, ensuring that processes run smoothly
- Ensures Health & Safety is the number one goal by following policies, processes, and acting in a safe manner at all times.
- Schedules, plans and directs employees in their assigned tasks ensuring production goals are met in an efficient manner.
- Develops, maintains, and initiates reports on all activities for management review or required by regulations, company policies and procedures.
- Trains new employees in company and department procedures and monitors adherence
- Serves as a resource and trainer to less experienced personnel. Ensures all employees are working in accordance with Company safety policies and procedures. Conducts daily tool box meetings and monthly Safety Meetings.
- Provides oversight and direction to others performing transportation, sorting, processing and housekeeping duties, ensuring all employees are adhering to Company policies and procedures. May run shifts on the weekends or any other time required.
- Participates in hiring, performance evaluation, disciplining, and promotion and termination decisions.
- Monitors equipment assigned to area and notifies maintenance of issues.
- Continuously monitor recycle and disposal programs for efficiency improvement.
- Ensure quality & production goals are met in an efficient manner by managing the processing of inbound, stored and outbound materials.
- Verify recyclable products and processed materials meet established specifications prior to shipping.
- Interfaces with other areas and departments to ensure a smooth flow of product through the recycling facility.
- Must open and close facility to ensure proper start-up and end of day securement/shut down.
Qualification And Experience:
1. You will be from a 15+ years' experience in manufacturing of plastics recycling or polymer background with a minimum of 5 years in a leadership role
2. Proven track record and ability as a team leader to develop a team of area managers and technical professionals
3. Proven track record as a team leader with an understanding of management practices
4. Demonstrated project and budget management skills
5. Strong business acumen with a broad understanding of fundamental business principles
6. Ability to set overall strategy and drive process improvement
7. Good man management experience and the ability to provide a health and safety focussed working environment are essential
8. A good understanding of the input materials is essential to enable site production to output a high quality/value end product
9. Up to date knowledge of manufacturing techniques such as Kaizen, Continuous Improvement, Six Sigma, 5S, Just in Time, Kanban, Lean Manufacturing would be beneficial although not essential if you have the relevant on the job experience.
10. Excellent analytical, problem solving, attention to detail, and troubleshooting skills
11. Good written and verbal communication skills
12. Strong interpersonal skills with ability to collaborate and build a consensus in a high-pressure environment
13. Self-motivated, organized and able to manage multiple projects at the same time
14. Results oriented - ability to translate key area and business needs into the right priorities and actions
An outstanding remuneration package that rewards professionalism and diligence will be on offer for the successful applicant as well as a well-defined career path. An excellent package will be on offer for the right candidate, including an above industry base salary for the right person as well as the most complete employee benefit scheme. Don't miss out on this opportunity to join the market leader