Senior Consultant at Indusion Consulting
Views:3169 Applications:265 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:264
Operations Head - Manufacturing Excellence - Solutions Packaging Firm (18-25 yrs)
Organization Overview: It's one of the leading organization into packaging solutions, Head Quartered in Mumbai having PAN India presence with state of the art manufacturing facilities across India. Works with brand leaders across industries such as FMCG, Food & Beverages, Pharmaceutical, Electronic, Retail, Apparels and other white good industries.
Role Overview: The position is responsible for leading and managing the manufacturing operations of the company. The position is responsible for developing and implementing a long term manufacturing strategy that would enable manufacturing of products, cost competitiveness while ensuring high quality.
- Strategic: To provide leadership and direction to the Manufacturing team and ensure manufacturing strategy and policies are in line with the overall business requirements.
- Manufacturing: To oversee the operations across locations and ensure that the production schedule across all Unit is in line with the plan with maximum capacity utilization.
- Budgetary Control: To ensure that all Plants control expenses in line with budgets. Initiate cost savings measures and focus on major cost heads.
- New Product Development: Support in the process of new design development and approval for any product launched.
- Quality Improvements and Business Excellence: To focus on building manufacturing strength by way of introducing, implementing and sustaining manufacturing operations best practices such as ISO, LEAN Manufacturing, TQM, Energy management etc.
- Quality Assurance: To ensure adherence to the Quality Management System across all units & locations.
- Supply Chain Management: Responsible for cost reduction through timely inventory management, scrap wastage reduction and efficient machine maintenance.
- Project Management: Participate in capacity planning and expansion of units for new products and to ensure that the technological requirements for the new facility are in alignment with the vision and goals that of the organization.
- Team Management: Mentor, provide operational leadership and technical guidance to the team, thereby developing a strong and competent team and to ensure that the team is actively working towards enhancing productivity and reducing cost thus impacting the margins positively.