Senior Team Lead at Pylon Management Consulting
Views:2063 Applications:39 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:2
Operational Risk Role - Financial Services (5-8 yrs)
Exp: 5 - 8 Yrs
Essential Functions / Responsibilities:
- Analyze, interpret, and make recommendations of statistical analysis used in support of risk testing while developing a good understanding of all analytic data systems.
- Provide SAS programming, statistical modeling and analytics expertise in multiple areas.
- Develop queries to support the reviews outlined in the risk testing review schedule, work with risk testers to understand and document requirements, provide requested data within SLA
- Review 1st line surveillance output (reports) to assess the state of fair lending compliance within the business and ensure timely and effective remediation of compliance defects
- Prepare reports and discuss findings from testing activities with Senior Management.
- Track management action plan items to completion and conduct follow up testing to ensure updated controls are working as designed
- Make recommendations to business line management and staff for enhancing 1st line business surveillance processes to prevent or detect risk control defects
- Provide support for cross functional projects or special assignments as requested.
- Learn and incorporate new types of data from external sources and all customer touch points for use in testing and analysis.
- Plan, conduct, and monitor 2nd line risk testing activities to independently validate the effectiveness of controls that mitigate key risks and Critical to Compliance requirements (CTC)
- Identify training needs and organize training to increase data analytics understanding and efficiencies
- Lead, coordinate, and manage the data request process
- Perform other duties as assigned by the SYF/SYB Risk Testing Leader
Qualifications / Requirements:
- 1+ Experience with SAS programming - SAS Base / SAS Stats/ SAS Macros and SQL tools.
- 1+ years' of experience in consumer banking laws, regulations, and regulatory guidance, or consumer finance.
- Experience in working with large volumes of data from multiple data sources and in analyzing data to identify key trends and insights
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Access
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with a proven ability to interact with Senior Leadership and convey key messages
- Experience with project management, preferably in a lead role with a proven ability to meet milestones and target dates
- Keen analytical ability, in order to perform root cause analysis and recommend remediation actions.
- Experience using ACL to analyze large volumes of data
- Experience with proxy assignment and geocoding
- Experience with Bayesian Improved Surname Geocoding ("BISG")
- Experience performing Fair Lending testing
- Experience utilizing ACL to create and execute test scripts
- Relevant banking certifications such as; CISA, CIA, CCSA CRCM, CAMS
- Ability to work independently
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.