Senior Recruiter at Credence HR Services
Views:517 Applications:128 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:5
Operational Risk Management Role - BFSI (7-15 yrs)
- Prepare the monthly Control Review Meeting materials with Operations senior management. This includes facilitating the meeting where required, working in partnership with the line management to ensure that all key risks are well understood and that relevant issues are escalated.
- Develop deep understanding of underlying process, controls & supervisory controls and ensure value added activities are performed to understand & enhance their control environment.
- Work with line management and internal stakeholders to support Audit/RCSA/Regulatory Examinations and associated follow up actions & Control Improvement Plans.
- Perform regular thematic read across to ensure risk is mitigated across other processes.
- Define and complete prioritized Operations Risk Assessments as required with collaboration and oversight from OC&R stakeholders and partners. This includes but is not limited to reviewing events/processes where there is inherent risk to identify potential control weaknesses and perform root cause analysis where required to ensure residual risk is mitigated.
Other responsibilities include;
- Establish and cultivate good working relationships with Operations Line management and staff and key internal stakeholders to ensure collaboration.
- Help further develop risk and control framework and standards, leveraging existing expertise and experience
- Work with the team and wider partners in OC&R to run initiatives to help drive risk and control understanding more deeply into Group Operations
Value Proposition :
- Key role within OC&R to provide assurance over activity, risk management support and development of an enhanced risk and control framework and culture Strong management visibility and focus across all aspects of role - Define best practice, help drive understanding, provide training, and review activity.
- Ideally the candidate should have risk management or controls testing competency or experience in performing balance sheet, SOX, key controls assurance / testing or risk reviews with an investment banking or wealth management background and the ability to analyse problems and recommend practical and simple solutions. S/he should be a very good communicator and team player with a broad view of risk and the overview of the industry.
- Understand the value of diversity in the workplace and are dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture in all aspects of working life so that people from all backgrounds receive equal treatment, realize their full potential and can bring their full, authentic selves to work.
- Highly developed process review skills; Ability to analyse problems from a generic standpoint and then deep dive into specific aspects - gained from a period in internal audit, supervising teams or doing process risk review projects
- Strong personal impact / excellent communication skills and influencing ability
- Ability to - find and fix- issues from planning through to execution - likely achieved through a period working on specific projects;
- Good understanding of IB processes and framework; General knowledge of investment banking or wealth management products and business aspects;
- Pro-active/ self-sufficiency; good team player
- Multi-tasking and ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Understanding and appreciation of risks and impacts to a global financial services business;
- Relevant financial or regulatory qualifications; and degree in business, finance, accounting, legal or equivalent experience
- Experienced in dealing cross culturally
- Organized, articulate, attention to detail
Only female candidates can apply!