Operation/Asset Manager - Power/Renewable Energy Projects (15-20 yrs)
Industry - Oil and Gas / Power / Infrastructure / Energy
Category - Operations
Skills - Asset Management, Operations, Solar, C&I, Rooftop
Job Type - Permanent
- Based in Delhi, the Operation Manager will work within our existing portfolio team and provide oversight of all operational activities, management of the maintenance teams, financial control, contract management, environmental compliance, regulatory compliance, technical evaluations, relationship and team management. He will report directly to the Country Manager.
Client Details :
Our client is a hands-on private investment company that takes active role in development, construction and operations of its investments. The funds are active in over 7 markets in Asia and Africa, with a project portfolio that includes solar, wind, biomass, and hydro assets.
Job Description :
- Overall responsibility for Operations works for all operating plants within the portfolio.
- Establish, set and monitor weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual O&M KPI's and financial targets.
- Ensure all plants are adequately resourced with competent and motivated staff.
- Build and lead best in class operational teams and provide leadership and mentoring to all levels.
- Ensure tight cost control by implementation and oversight of financial controls and processes.
- Work with the Country Manager and the rest of the management team to ensure continual pipeline growth
- Work closely with the project delivery teams in our portfolio companies to provide input and support robust project delivery as well as ensuring a smooth handover / transitioning from projects in construction to operations & maintenance.
- Relay and guarantee the implementation of Berkeley Energy core values in term of Ethics, Social Governance,
- Environment, H&S and Regulatory compliance.
- Responsible for budgetary control and setting of operational budgets for all sites.
- Contract management for plant O&M agreements and other operating agreements.
- Technical evaluations of the equipment to ensure optimal performance and to identify and implement performance optimizations to maximize generation.
- Implement best in class monitoring system to ensure reliability, maximization of all plants and effective customer relationship.
- Responsible for developing, implementing and reviewing compliance to operating policies and controls and to ensure consistency across all plants.
- Prepare capital budget submissions to ensure all upsides are fully understood and enable monitoring of upside once project implemented.
- Manage external relationship with keys stakeholders (customers, grid operators, governmental agencies, local communities, keys contractors, etc.).
- Prepare and attend monthly and as required meetings with senior management to present performances highlighting risks and opportunities.
- Experienced Operations Manager, with 15+ years' experience working on power/renewable energy projects. Knowledge of solar power (utility-scale and rooftop) is a pre-requisite.
- Experience in dealing with complex contractual agreements both in their underlying negotiation and adherence to scope.
- Extensive experience in preparation of detailed budgets, cost control, capital program management, financial and plant reporting.
- Experience in managing, coaching and building high quality operational teams.
- Competent knowledge and use of MS Office and general IT skills.
- Relevant university degree (Master or Bachelor), preferably in Mechanical / Electrical Engineering (engineering background is a pre-requisite)
- Willingness to travel and visit project sites.
- Self-driven/entrepreneurial personality with managerial capabilities/experiences
- Knowledge of renewable energy technologies.
- Cross-functional management capability.
- Leadership and fast-paced team player.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision.
- Excellent negotiator and relationship management.
- Excellent communication skills at all levels.
- Attention to detail and pride in work.
Job Offer :
- Become a part of a high performing team to contribute in accelerated growth of the company with roots in Singapore and global operations
- Step-up the career with taking a well rounded and expanded responsibility of a fast growing team and organization
- Compensation is best in the industry
To apply online please click the 'Apply' button below. For a confidential discussion about this role please contact Stuti Pathak.
Contact - Stuti Pathak - +91 124 452 5468
The Apply Button will redirect you to website. Please apply there as well.