Recruitment Team at OLX India
Views:2357 Applications:206 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:28
OLX - Commercial Manager - Used Car Vertical (4-6 yrs)
We are a team of 5,000 ambitious, curious people building marketplace platforms that make it super easy for anyone to buy and sell almost anything, boosting local economies.
What you will be doing :
- You will support evolution of an integrated commercial strategy, develops and delivers a pipeline of initiatives for retail store and procurement transactions. The goal would be to help commercialize aligned commercial opportunity spaces.
- To meet this objective the role would need to lead development of full bundle solutions including promotion plans, business cases and in-market execution plans.
- The role would also drive engagements with all internal and external stakeholders around the planned initiatives, drive in-market execution, manage periodic Management reporting, analysis and way forward action plans.
Function Specific Activities :
Key responsibility areas / developmental experiences i. E. All activities performed to fulfill stakeholder expectations and which encompass the span of responsibilities managed. Important challenges to go through in this role and which are crucial to building functional capabilities :
Category Commercial Plans Development & Execution : Lead development of commercial strategy and plans for categories managed in close Collaboration with brand and City leads to develop annual commercial business plans for the categories managed and manage holistic execution of select business priorities.
Strategy Development : Drive development of concepts, business initiatives by working closely with various internal stakeholders.
Business Case Development : Support/ lead development of robust business cases based on rich consumer, customer and system and competitive insights. This needs to be achieved by providing thought leadership to all areas of strategy development to build sharp, focused business cases that need to get aligned widely across the system.
Project Management : Lead a pipeline of projects through the various stages in and around the used car procurement and sell process. Develop and manage project plans, timelines, project meetings, senior management updates to deliver projects on time as per the desired quality and scale.
Monitor Performance, capture, scale and institutionalise learnings : Develop robust understanding of performance across agreed KPIs for telesales, commercial and in-market projects. Modify strategy-approach to meet desired results. Drive scaling up of winning pilots and institutionalize key learnings from each project.
Who we are looking for :
Job Specific Competencies I.e. The Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Technical Skills :
- Understands the external environment (competitive and market) and identifies new sources of opportunity
- Interrogates data to identify core business levers
- Understand the operational fundamentals of our business and Indian market
- Leverages financial rigor to prioritize and allocate resources effectively
- Measures financial and equity impact of investments and institutionalizes learnings
- Deploys discipline and process to improve impact and speed to market
- Crafts a vision for what the brand / category / market could be
- Balances intuition and fact to distil complex thought into action
- Pursues innovation and change with a mindset of continuous improvement
Generic Competencies :
- Collaborate with system, customers and key stakeholders
- Act Like Owner
- Drive Innovation
- Inspire Others
Job complexities i. e. What it takes to be successful in your job. A role could be challenging because of aspects like:
(a) External Factors (Competition moves, changes in regulatory frameworks, changes in macro-economic indicators etc.)
(b) Internal Factors (Budget/Resource constraints, leveraging expertise of other functions, priority of assignment determined by the business plan etc.)
(c) Depth of Subject Matter Expertise
(d) Lack of past precedents/learning
- Dynamic and complex external environment with localized opportunities and issues
- Leverage Expertise of other team members is essential to succeed in this role
- Existing business dynamics may come in conflict with the innovation priorities
What we will give you :
- Contributing to the global OLX Group success
- International career and growth opportunities
- Work with an international team of top engineers learning from one another
- Opportunity to pursue you further academic goals
- Competitive salary and great benefits
What you need to know about us :
- OLX is the world's leading classifieds platform in high-growth markets. It's available in more than 35 countries and in over 50 languages. The platform makes it so easy to connect people to buy, sell or exchange used goods and services.
- OLX is part of the OLX Group, a global product and tech company with 17 brands, +40 countries, +5000 people and one mindset.
- Our mission is to make it super easy for people to buy and sell almost anything, boosting local economies.
- We are proud to be different, and we work differently too. We combine the spirit and agility of a start-up with the maturity that comes from being part of a 100 year-old company.
- We are curious, ambitious and allergic to corporate interference. We improvise, experiment and push each other further, embracing uncertainty and driving change.
If you are as excited as us about this position and our company, we hope you join us! If you- d like to learn more about the OLX Group take a look at the other parts of our website. And remember, we are an equal opportunities employer.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.