Recruitment Team at OLX India
Views:1666 Applications:188 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:25
OLX - City Head - Procurement Business (8-10 yrs)
As city head for procurement business for used car dealers, you would be leading a team of over 50 people that would be managing end to end operations of an intermediary role - purchase of used cars from retail customers and sale of the same to used car dealers via different business channels. You will be responsible to hire, train and manage the performance of the buy-side and sell-side teams along with the alternate trade channels of franchise operations and company-owned, company-operated showrooms. This role is a middle management role from an organizational perspective and the senior-most role at a market level responsible for overall territory/business development and P&L responsibility for the market.
You will be required to monitor and work closely with a team of channel leads, inspection engineers, telecallers, team leaders, relationship managers, and procurement executives. The role would need you to think strategically and work operationally at the same time. Working with the analytics team on a wide range of data points and drawing logical inferences to be factored in the business decision making would make the role successful.
The role comes with high responsibility and high risk/reward quotient and needs a very high sense of agility, adaptability and - getting things done- approach. The desire to work in a young, creative, changing and data-driven environment with a high-performance team in a fast-moving sector is essential.
At OLX Group we have a clear ambition to empower millions of people across the globe by helping them connect and share their goods and services. This inspiring purpose has helped us build one of the world's leading Internet companies. This combination of business and purpose attracts a certain type of person. If you- ve got an entrepreneurial drive and think you can use that drive to contribute to our purpose, then we- d love to empower you to be successful. Want to know more?
Why OLX Group?
The OLX Group is a network of leading classifieds platforms in 45 markets, including brands like OLX, Avito, letgo, dubizzle, among others.
The OLX Group connects local people to buy, sell or exchange used goods and services by making it fast and easy for anyone to post a listing through their mobile phone or on the web. Hundreds of millions of people in local markets around the world generate more than 1.9 billion monthly visits, 37 billion monthly page views and 54 million listings every month on the OLX Group's online marketplaces.
Our 3000+ committed employees are making a difference from our 25 offices across the globe.
What will you need to be successful in this role?
- 8-10 years of managerial experience in sales and marketing roles with a proven track record of scaling up business operations.
- Prior experience of managing multi-layered sales teams is a must
- Ability to start operations from scratch and effectively lead a sales team to deliver growth and achieve targets with stringent timelines
- Hands-on the leader with the desire to get hands dirty with day to day operations in a bid to scale up the overall business
- Ownership of complete business unit in terms of P&L shall be required
- Ability to adapt quickly to fast-changing business requirements and unpredictability
- Stakeholder management - the art of getting work done from multiple support functions
- Knowledge of used car business is an added advantage but not mandatory