Deputy Manager- HR at Olam Food Ingredients
Views:930 Applications:202 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:34
Olam Food Ingredients - Branch Manager - Cocoa Business (2-4 yrs)
POSITION (BRANCH MANAGER - COCOA - Ecuador)
Overview of the position :
- The Branch Manager role manages day to day activity of the current cocoa business in the region including procurement, processing, quality, shipments, and logistics of 3 units, Santo Domingo, Buena Fe and Viche.
- It's a well-rounded role that gives the experience of managing a large business in one of the key high quality cocoa origins.
- For perspective, complexity of the operation involves not only strong commercial & negotiation skills to buy cocoa from producers but also strong financial and operations knowledge to manage an operation consisting of 22 employees in the office and warehouse and 20 employees of CR&S executing the company strategy.
- The role demands continuous being in the field driving to difficult / hard to reach locations visiting cocoa producers and many times in areas where level of insecurity and risk to the person is high given socio economics in the country.
The role is based in the city of Santo Domingo - Ecuador.
Main responsibilities of the position involves :
- Design, implement and manage the procurement Strategy for cocoa in the region with the respective teams below him / her to drive and deliver volumes as per the overall cocoa business plan.
- Optimize utilization of processing and quality resources in the country to derive maximum capacity utilization and efficiencies and to eliminate controllable losses and minimize the impact of non-controllable losses.
- Ensure strict adherence to all the laid down systems and procedures without exception.
- Ensure that all the direct and indirect costs for the business are within budgets.
- Counterparty & Credit Risk Management (buying & selling).
- Support the Profit Center Head in trading and positional decisions by providing adequate and timely market information.
- Interface with appropriate regulatory bodies for obtaining permissions, approvals, etc. . Negotiation and business development with LBA- s and producers for origination of the product including the implementation of the different Programs, Certifications & At Source programs.
- Support in implementation of the required infrastructure to deliver volumes as per the business plan.
- Ensure high motivational levels in the team and get the team aligned with the overall coffee strategy that we follow in country
- Negotiation and business development with producers for origination of the respective agricultural commodity product.
- Commercial Contracts negotiation
- Integrator of value chain on agri-commodity product (from farm to factory gate)
- Market understanding and financial market analysis
- Logistics (farm to factory gate or to export)
LANGUAGES : Advanced English. (Required) ability to fast learn Spanish.
EDUCATION : University Degree with Post graduation courses, MBA is ideal. Careers can be: Agronomical but with commercial / managerial focus, Business management ( Agri-commodities), or any commercial (sales, marketing) / business management, engineering.
EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE :
- Experience in areas related as above on job description is highly recommended.
- 2 to 4 years' experience minimum in multinational companies, exporters or agricultural commodities (After having finalized studies).
SKILLS REQUIRED :
- Entrepreneurial Spirit
- Excellent communication skills
- Negotiation skills
- Mobility, capacity to work in a low structure multicultural environment (flexibility)
- Good Interpersonal relationship and team work at high level
- High level of personal organization, Discipline, Self-motivation
- Leadership and Ambition to achieve positions of responsibility
- High level of Analytical skills (numerical & reasoning) and decision making
- Results orientation and Attention to detail
OTHER REQUIREMENTS :
- Available for national or international travel
- Willing to settle in other cities (up country) / countries (must have international mobility)
- Interest in pursuing a career in agribusiness
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.