OlaCabs - Senior Manager - Risk Analytics (8-15 yrs)
Are you this person?
Are you someone who understands the intricacies of balancing the art and science of applying machine learning and business analytics to consumer lending? Do you itch for putting to use your skills developed in a conventional banking environment into a dynamic, fast paced innovative lending platform that is ahead of the curve?
Did the dilemma of start-up atmosphere and a cushy support of funding and brand stump you to choose the right place that gets best of both worlds?
If the answer to all these is not just yes but - hell, yeah!-, then come join us in this incredibly exciting journey as part of the Ola Financial Services group.
Okay, I'm curious. But what is this going to be about (aka Role):
This is a Senior Manager, Risk Analytics role for a fintech involved in building credit practice in India on mobile platform that envisions to provide convenience, accessibility, transparency and value proposition at one place. Ideal candidate is expected to define, design and deliver solutions using business analytics in a fast paced, next generation banking environment. The reporting line is to Head, Risk Analytics.
Cool, can I know some more (aka Responsibilities):
- Own and build credit risk decision strategies for unsecured lending with a unique value proposition.
- Evaluate and apply machine learning algorithms to build credit risk models.
- Excellent knowledge of scorecards, strategies and credit risk management principles preferably for unsecured loans.
- Complete ownership including but not limited to identifying model development.approach, building models that meet top standards of ML, evaluation and cost benefit analysis of new sources of data, implementation and tracking of credit risk decisions, dynamic model validation, MIS monitoring etc.
- Guide the back end infrastructure development and liaison with the engineering team for deployment of models, integration of data.
- Apply the fundamentals of consumer lending to a new ecosystem that demands innovation in application of the same principles in an unexplored and challenging credit lending environment.
- Approach the challenges in a passionate, innovative and decisive manner.
- Quick on feet in problem structuring and identifying the right next steps for incisive insights.
These are the hoops you- ve jumped through already (aka Required
- 8+ yrs experience in large banks in India/Overseas, NBFC or similar.
- At least 4+ yrs hands on experience developing models in credit risk.
- Experienced in risk management of different lending products across the lifecycle of consumer credit.
- Highly analytical with past history of handling teams and engaging business stakeholders.
- Worked in SAS, SQL and other database in their early career for data mining.
- Exposure and working knowledge of R or Python.
If you have this, we'd truly love you (aka Preferred Qualifications):
- Experience working in a startup, preferably a Fintech startup.
- Working knowledge of the Indian credit bureaus.
- Expert in at least one of R or Python.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
- Exposure to unstructured data analytics and Big Data is a plus.