OLA - Senior Technical Program Manager (7-12 yrs)
Key Roles/Responsibilities :
- Drive multiple large-scale technical projects, break them down into manageable pieces and work cross-functionally with product managers, designers, software development team, business operations, marketing, legal and external partners across organization to guarantee a smooth and efficient product delivery.
- Defines and implements cross-team processes to improve efficiency and delivery (SDLC), defines metrics to measure and monitor efficiency and effectiveness of the processes and drives adoption across organization.
- Will be expected to make appropriate trade-offs to optimize time-to-market, clearly communicate goals, roles, responsibilities, and desired outcomes to internal cross-functional and other project teams.
- Monitors and tracks complex programs effectively by providing periodic updates to technical, non-technical teams and Sr. Management
- Has the right balance of technical, project management and business/product acumen and manages delivery across SDLC serving as a single point of contact.
- Handle multiple competing and changing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Manages stakeholders from different cross functional teams by setting expectations and providing frequent program/project updates.
- Able to develop and drive high-level strategic initiatives and can also roll up sleeves, dig in and get the job done.
- Anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make trade-offs, and balance the business needs versus technical constraints.
- Maturity, high judgment, negotiation skills, ability to influence, analytical talent and leadership are essential to success in this role.
- Mentor the technical team and project managers for adapting right processes, guide them to enable them to handle challenges and remove impediments for them to achieve successful deliveries.
Experience & Skills Required
- 7+ years of experience in a software engineering role and at-least 5 years of delivery management experience in product organization.
- B.Tech or higher or equivalent required.
- Certification in Project Management/ Agile is plus.
- Experience managing large scale software development projects with hands-on technical expertise.
- Experience leading cross-functional teams to deliver projects with multiple dependencies and constraints.
- Understands the technical designs of the multiple projects and programs he/she is managing. Has deeper understanding of specific sub-systems and possesses the ability to drive technical discussions if needed.
- Experience defining programs and delivering projects that meet rapidly evolving business needs.
- Experience setting engineering organization from scratch and helping teams adopt engineering best practices.
- Strong familiarity with Agile methodologies; Has ability to think strategically and execute methodically.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. This includes excellent listening skills, concise communications and targeting the message to specific audiences
- Experienced working in a fast-paced environment where continuous innovation is desired.
- Track record for being detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow-through on projects.
- Ability to roll up sleeves and operate as an individual contributor to get the job done; at the same time, be able to guide a team toward an objective.
- Ability to build strong relationships with stakeholders and key partners for the program.
- Ability to communicate effectively and establish credibility with technical and non-technical stakeholders including executive staff.
The apply button will redirect you to an external URL, please apply there as well.