OLA - Senior Product Manager (3-8 yrs)
Job Title - Senior Product Manager (SPM)
Department - Software Engineering
Business Unit - Mobility India
Reporting to: Head - Product, and Technology
Ola is Indias largest mobility platform and one of the worlds largest ride-hailing companies. Ola revolutionised urban mobility by making it available on demand for over a billion people across 3 continents. Today, Ola continues to move the world to sustainable mobility through its ride hailing platform as well as through advanced electric vehicles manufactured at its Futurefactory, the largest, most advanced and sustainable two wheeler factory in the world. Ola is dedicated to transitioning the world to sustainable mobility and making the world better than we found it.
- Determines customers needs and desires by specifying the research needed to obtain market information.
- Recommends the nature and scope of present and future product lines by reviewing product specifications and requirements; appraising new product ideas and/or product or packaging changes.
- Assesses market competition by comparing the company's product to competitors' products.
- Provides source data for product line communications by defining product marketing communication objectives.
- Obtains product market share by working with the sales director to develop product sales strategies.
- Assesses product market data by calling on customers with field salespeople and evaluating sales call results.
- Provides information for management by preparing short-term and long-term product sales forecasts and special reports and analyses; answering questions and requests.
- Facilitates inventory turnover and product availability by reviewing and adjusting inventory levels and production schedules.
- Brings new products to market by analyzing proposed product requirements and product development programs; preparing return-on-investment analyses; establishing time schedules with engineering and manufacturing.
- Introduces and markets new products by developing time-integrated plans with sales, advertising, and production.
- Determines product pricing by utilizing market research data; reviewing production and sales costs; anticipating volume; costing special and customized orders.
- Completes operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
- Maintains product management staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Maintains product management staff job results by counseling and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- No. of years - 3-8 years of overall experience depending on how fast you have grown in your career. We would be looking for evidence that your experiences are commensurate with the kind required from the person in this role
- Type of experience - 2 years of prior product management experience preferably in an internet-based company which preferably is a best-in-class large company or a respected disruptor startup.
- Must have - A bachelor's degree or master's degree in a numerically inclined discipline such as Engineering, Economics, Commerce, Mathematics preferably from a premium institute.
- MBA degree from a premier institute and prior startup experience is preferred but not necessary
Key competencies - Software/Tools System Exposure
The apply button will redirect you to an external URL, please apply there as well