OLA - Principal Engineer - Data Platform (13-15 yrs)
Job Location : Bangalore
- 6 days working
- Years of Exp : 8+ Years
- Product-based company/Startup exp : Mandatory
About us : www.olacabs.com
Principal Engineer : Data Platform
- Architect, design and build fault-tolerant & scalable big-data platforms and solution primarily based on open source technologies.
- Build solid & auto scalable architecture to address real-time workload for analytical processing, lineage, data governance, and data discoverability use cases.
- Design solutions that involve complex, multi-system integration, across BUs or domains.
- Heavy hands-on coding in the Hadoop ecosystem (Java MapReduce, Spark, Scala, HBase, Hive) and build framework(s) to support data pipelines on streaming applications.
- Work on technologies related to NoSQL, SQL, and In-Memory databases.
- Conduct code-reviews to ensure code quality, consistency and best practices adherence.
- Drive alignment between enterprise architecture and business needs.
- Conduct quick proofs-of-concept (POC) for feasibility studies and take them to the production.
- Work with the architects to standardize data platforms stacks across OLA.
- Lead fast moving development teams using agile methodologies.
- Lead by example, demonstrating best practices for unit testing, test automation, CI/CD performance testing, capacity planning, documentation, monitoring, alerting, and incident response.
- Work with cross-functional team members from Architecture, Product Management, Q/A and Production Operations to develop, test, and release features.
- Be a role model to software engineers pursuing a technical career path in engineering
Must Haves :
- 13+ years of relevant experience with at least 6+ years hands-on coding in the big data domain.
- Should have experience in architecting data ecosystem for streaming data and analytical platforms.
- Expert level experience in building fault-tolerant & scalable big-data platforms and big-data solutions primarily based on the Hadoop ecosystem.
- Expert level experience with Java, Python or Scala programming.
- Expert level experience designing high throughput data services.
- Familiarity with machine learning and AI.
- Experience with Big-Data Technologies (Hive, HBase, Spark, Kafka, Storm, MapReduce, HDFS, Zookeeper, Scylla, Cassandra, Yarn), understands the concepts and technology ecosystem around both real-time and batch processing in Hadoop.
- Strong spoken and written communication skills.
- B.E/B.Tech/MS in Computer Science (or equivalent).
- Effective listening skills and strong collaboration
The apply button will redirect you to an external URL, please apply there as well.