HR at OLA Cabs
Views:1292 Applications:298 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
OLA - Manager - Data Science (3-9 yrs)
Job Title : Data Scientist Manager
Department / Group : Data Science
Location : Bangalore
About Us :
Ola is India's largest mobility platform and one of the world's largest ride-hailing companies, serving 250+ cities across India, Australia, New Zealand, and the UK. The Ola app offers mobility solutions by connecting customers to drivers and a wide range of vehicles across bikes, auto-rickshaws, metered taxis, and cabs, enabling convenience and transparency for hundreds of millions of consumers and over 1.5 million driver-partners.
Ola's core mobility offering in India is supplemented by its electric-vehicle arm, Ola Electric; India's largest fleet management business, Ola Fleet Technologies and Ola Skilling, that aims to enable millions of livelihood opportunities for India's youth. With its acquisition of Ridlr, India's leading public transportation app and investment in Vogo, a dockless scooter sharing solution, Ola is looking to build mobility for the next billion Indians. Ola also extends its consumer offerings like micro-insurance and credit led payments through Ola Financial Services and a range of owned food brands through India's largest network of kitchens under its Food business.
Ola was founded in 2011 by Bhavish Aggarwal and Ankit Bhati with a mission to build mobility for a billion people. For more details, visit www.olacabs.com/media.
Roles and Responsibilities :
The Data Science & Machine Learning team at Ola works on building intelligent systems using techniques in machine learning, optimization, signal analysis, and statistics. At Ola, we have an incredible amount of data that captures a comprehensive view of our customers and driver partners. Very few companies in the world have this diversity and scale of data, and hence the breadth of problems available to solve in a data-driven fashion is immense.
We tackle real-life problems on a daily basis and not only get to impact company revenue but also deliver a richer experience to our customers and driver partners alike. This requires us to be product driven while the complexity of problems requires us to always push the state-of-the-art. In fact, beneath every tap you make on our app, there is a data-driven, intelligent layer trying to achieve a business metric.
We are looking for great problem solvers who can tap into the potential of data and deliver scalable and robust data products.
Critical Functional Skills :
- Ability to transform business requirements into data science formulations and implement the solutions in an efficient and scalable fashion
- Excellent interpersonal and stakeholder management skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects as an individual contributor and as a mentor to team members
- Publications or presentation in recognized Machine Learning and Data Mining journals/conferences
- Proficient in Python, Scala, Java or similar languages
- Extensive experience in building and deploying production quality models using state-of-the-art technologies (for eg, tensorflow, scikit-learn, spark)
Experience Required :
- PhD (with 3+ years of relevant experience) or Masters (with 6+ years of relevant experience) or BTech (with 8+ years of relevant experience), Operations Research, Applied Mathematics/Statistics/Econometrics, Electrical or Systems Engineering, Physics or similarly highly quantitative field
The Apply Button will redirect you to website. Please apply there as well.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.