Associate Director - Talent Acquisition at Ola Group
Views:576 Applications:120 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:31
OLA - Lead - IT Operations (14-20 yrs)
Job Description :
Monitor IT Servers and Systems :
- One of the primary responsibilities of the IT operations manager is monitoring an organization's servers, networks, and computer systems for irregularities and performance issues.
- The IT operations manager assesses system data and error logs, along with user reports, to determine areas for improvement or repair.
- In this aspect of the role, an IT operations manager may also determine when systems or servers are due for upgrades.
Direct IT Engineers :
- Directing the activities of IT engineers, both to directly support end users and to assist with IT department upgrades and directives.
- An IT operations manager assesses current department needs and help desk inquiries and assigns personnel to resolve each issue.
- In organizations that require 24-hour IT support, the operations manager may also develop and implement technician schedules.
Develop Department Policies :
- Develop IT policies and procedures to ensure that the department operates effectively and reliably. In some IT departments, this process can include developing service level agreements (SLAs) for the help desk.
- An IT operations manager may also develop guides for users and technicians, such as FAQ documents or employee handbooks for IT department personnel.
Resolve Help Desk Escalations :
- IT operations managers may provide direct user support by handling help desk or service desk escalations. If IT technicians are unable to successfully resolve a user's issue, the IT operations manager will assess the situation and devise a solution to the problem, which could include equipment replacement or repair if the problem is related to the end user's hardware or software.
- Oversee Upgrades and Installations