OLA - Engineering Manager/Senior Engineering Manager - IIT/NIT/BITS (10-14 yrs)
We've brought technology and transport together to build mobility for a billion people. The Ola Cabs mobile app
has redefined point-to-point transportation in more than 100 cities across India. It is the quickest way to book a
cab to anywhere in the city, right on your smartphone.
The Ola team is constantly innovating to bring you new and affordable ways to travel. We're focused on improving
the transportation landscape while contributing to social and economic growth.
OlaCabs offers a creative, fast paced, entrepreneurial work environment where you- ll be at the centre of innovation fuelled by Make in India passion.
We are looking for Engineering Manager / Senior Engineering Manager.
About the Role:
A go-getter professional who is passionate about technology and has proven experience in delivering software
products with self-driven attitude, having ability to successfully building and leading teams to success, upbeat the
delivery on time and make OLA products a great experience for customers.
- Responsible for the product engineering road map, quality assurance and various services of organizations.
- Responsible for delivering high-quality software products, on time and within budget.
- Work with the CTO, Directors, PM and Business to develop a long-term product plan, products and manage the release planning cycles for all products.
- Responsible for managing the staffing requirements and skill sets for Customer Interaction Team, assuring that sub-teams are staffed with sufficient skilled resources and meeting product deliverables.
- Responsible for developing and managing a skills escalation and career trajectory path for the product engineering organization.
- Responsible for implementing tools and processes to optimize product engineering throughput and quality.
- Ensuring that key milestones are met and that solutions delivered are of the highest quality possible
- Delivery on project timelines emphasis on key deliverables
- Ensure legacy application platform a stable production environment.
- Ensure controlled releases to production, with amongst other measures, stringent code reviews from standards and performance perspectives. Use metrics demonstrate success.
- Decisive with team decisions and lead and support the team
- Understand all products with their interrelationships and collective relevance to business and ensure appropriate availability and stability to the Business.
Skills required (Technical, soft skills, specific tools, personality traits) :
- Excellent communication skills, fluent English - Communicates effectively in all situations and creates an environment of open and effective communication.
- Strong decision making skills, metric-driven operations and ability to motivate and maximize productivity in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of various Development practices and programming languages
- Ability to work with multiple levels in the organization with key business holders
- Preferred if has past experience around Customer Account Mgmt System.
- Preferred if worked Supply - Chain Model. Specifically around Demand and different dimensions of demand generation and management.
- Excellent with Tech Stack like Java and Ruby (RoR)
- Should have aware of best practices for Software development
- Should been keen around delivering top notch products.
Candidate background required (Education & Experience)
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or MBA from premier institutes preferred
- 10-14 years of software development experience, with managerial capacity
The link provided below will redirect you to a website. Please apply there as well.