OLA - Engineering Manager - IIT/NIT/BITS (10-14 yrs)
- Job Title: Engineering Manager (EM)
- Department: Software Engineering
- Business Unit: Mobility India
- Reporting to: Senior Director - Engineering
- About Company:
Ola is India's largest mobility platform and one of the world's largest ride-hailing companies. Ola revolutionised urban mobility by making it available on demand for over a billion people across 3 continents. Today, Ola continues to move the world to sustainable mobility through its ride hailing platform as well as through advanced electric vehicles manufactured at its Futurefactory, the largest, most advanced and sustainable two wheeler factory in the world. Ola is dedicated to transitioning the world to sustainable mobility and making the world better than we found it.
A go-getter professional who is passionate about technology and has proven experience in delivering software products with self-driven attitude, having ability to successfully building and leading teams to success, upbeat the delivery on time and make OLA products a great experience for customers.
- Responsible for the product engineering road map, quality assurance and various services of organizations.
- Responsible for delivering high-quality software products, on time and within budget.
- Work with the CTO, Directors, PM and Business to develop a long-term product plan, products and manage the release planning cycles for all products.
- Responsible for managing the staffing requirements and skill sets for Customer Interaction Team, assuring that sub-teams are staffed with sufficient skilled resources and meeting product deliverables.
- Responsible for developing and managing a skills escalation and career trajectory path for the product engineering organization.
- Responsible for implementing tools and processes to optimize product engineering throughput and quality.
- Ensuring that key milestones are met and that solutions delivered are of the highest quality possible
- Delivery on project timelines emphasis on key deliverables
- Ensure legacy application platform a stable production environment.
- Ensure controlled releases to production, with amongst other measures, stringent code reviews from standards and performance perspectives. Use metrics demonstrate success.
- Decisive with team decisions and lead and support the team
- Understand all products with their interrelationships and collective relevance to business and ensure appropriate availability and stability to the Business.
No. of years - 10-14 years
Type of experience - software development experience, with managerial capacity
- Educational Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or MBA from premier institutes preferred
- Excellent communication skills, fluent English Communicates effectively in all situations and creates an environment of open and effective communication.
- Strong decision making skills, metric-driven operations and ability to motivate and maximize productivity in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of various Development practices and programing languages
- Ability to work with multiple levels in the organization with key business holders
- Preferred if has past experience around Customer Account Mgmt System.
- Preferred if worked Supply - Chain Model .Specifically around Demand and different dimension of demand generation and management .
- Excellent with Tech Stack like Java and Ruby (RoR)
- Should have aware of best practices for Software development
- Should be keen around delivering top notch products.
- Software/Tools System Exposure: Java/ Ruby
The apply button will redirect you to an external URL, please apply there as well.