OLA - Engineering Manager (10-14 yrs)
Job Title : Engineering Manager
Department / Group : Engineering
Location : Bangalore
About Us :
Ola is India's largest mobility platform and one of the world's largest ride-hailing companies, serving 250+ cities across India, Australia, New Zealand, and the UK. The Ola app offers mobility solutions by connecting customers to drivers and a wide range of vehicles across bikes, auto-rickshaws, metered taxis, and cabs, enabling convenience and transparency for hundreds of millions of consumers and over 1.5 million driver-partners.
Ola's core mobility offering in India is supplemented by its electric-vehicle arm, Ola Electric; India's largest fleet management business, Ola Fleet Technologies and Ola Skilling, that aims to enable millions of livelihood opportunities for India's youth. With its acquisition of Ridlr, India's leading public transportation app and investment in Vogo, a dockless scooter sharing solution, Ola is looking to build mobility for the next billion Indians. Ola also extends its consumer offerings like micro-insurance and credit led payments through Ola Financial Services and a range of owned food brands through India's largest network of kitchens under its Food business.
Ola was founded in 2011 by Bhavish Aggarwal and Ankit Bhati with a mission to build mobility for a billion people. For more details, visit www.olacabs.com/media. .
Roles and Responsibilities :
- A go-getter professional who is passionate about technology and has proven experience in delivering software
- products with self-driven attitude, having ability to successfully building and leading teams to success, upbeat the delivery on time and make OLA products a great experience for customers.
- Responsible for the product engineering road map, quality assurance and various services of organizations.
- Responsible for delivering high-quality software products, on time and within budget.
- Work with the CTO, Directors, PM and Business to develop a long-term product plan, products and manage the release planning cycles for all products.
- Responsible for managing the staffing requirements and skill sets for Customer Interaction Team, assuring that sub-teams are staffed with sufficient skilled resources and meeting product deliverables.
- Responsible for developing and managing a skills escalation and career trajectory path for the product engineering organization.
- Responsible for implementing tools and processes to optimize product engineering throughput and quality.
- Ensuring that key milestones are met and that solutions delivered are of the highest quality possible
- Delivery on project timelines emphasis on key deliverables
- Ensure legacy application platform and a stable production environment.
- Ensure controlled releases to production, with amongst other measures, stringent code reviews from standards and performance perspectives. Use metrics demonstrate success.
- Decisive with team decisions and lead and support the team
- Understand all products with their interrelationships and collective relevance to business and ensure appropriate availability and stability to the Business.
Critical Functional Skills :
- The company is looking for an experienced professional who will fit in with the organization's fast-paced and - quick response time- culture.
- Excellent communication skills,
- Strong decision making skills, metric-driven operations and ability to motivate and maximize productivity in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of various Development practices and programing languages
- Ability to work with multiple levels in the organization with key business holders
- Excellent with Tech Stack like Java and Ruby (RoR)
- Should be aware of best practices for Software development
- Should be keen around delivering top notch products.
Experience Required :
- 10-14 years of software development experience, with managerial capacity
Minimum Qualifications Required :
- Bachelor- s/Master's degree in Engineering from premier institutes preferred
The Apply Button will redirect you to website. Please apply there as well.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.