OLA - Director - Engineering - Software Development (15-20 yrs)
- Ola is India's largest mobility platform and one of the world's largest ride-hailing companies, serving 150+ cities across India, Australia, New Zealand, and the UK. The Ola app offers mobility solutions by connecting customers to drivers and a wide range of vehicles across bikes, auto-rickshaws, metered taxis, and cabs, enabling convenience and transparency for hundreds of millions of consumers and over 1.5 million driver-partners.
- Ola's core mobility offering in India is supplemented by its electric-vehicle arm, Ola Electric, and India's largest fleet management business. With its acquisition of Ridlr, India's leading public transportation app and investment in Vogo, a dockless scooter sharing solution, Ola is looking to build mobility for the next billion Indians. Ola also extends its consumer offerings like micro-insurance and credit led payments through Ola Financial Services and a range of owned food brands through India's largest network of kitchens under its Food business. Ola was founded in 2011 by Bhavish Aggarwal and Ankit Bhati with a mission to build mobility for a billion people. For more details, visit www.olacabs.com/media
Work Location: Bangalore
Key Result Areas (Accountability & Responsibility of the role):
Build highly scalable backend Platforms. Ability to work in a fast-paced setup, deliver results, set up high standards for the team, and the ability to attract world-class talent.
The job requires a gamut of roles and responsibilities:
- Build a world-class team of engineers.Ensure their KPI's and OKR are set and evaluated at regular intervals.
- Responsible for delivering high-quality software products, on time, and within budget.Collaborate & work with Product Leads and Business Leaders to develop a long-term product plan, products, and manage the release planning cycles for all products.
- Responsible for managing the staffing requirements and skill sets for the Customer Interaction Team, assuring that sub-teams are staffed with sufficient skilled resources and meeting
- Ability to work in a fast-paced setup.Deliver results, set up high standards for the team, and the ability to attract world-class talent. product deliverables.
Key Skills Required:
For this position, We prefer someone who has displayed a track record of:
- Building highly Scalable platform using Java, Kafka, Distributed Caching, SQL and No SQL Databases.Strong decision-making skills, metric-driven operations and ability to motivate and maximize productivity in a fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge of various Development practices and programming languages.
- Ability to work with multiple levels in the organization with key business holders.Should have awareness of best practices for Software development.Should be keen around delivering top-notch products.
Software/Tools/System Exposure :
15+ years of software development experience.7+ years of experience running engineering teams of 10+ engineers, and coaching, mentoring individuals to grow in their career.
- Experience in setting up & building high-performance technology teams.
The apply button will redirect you to an external URL, please apply there as well