Ola Cabs - Director/Associate Director/Senior Manager - Strategy & Corporate Development - IIT/NIT/IIM/ISB/XLRI/MDI/FMS (2-14 yrs)
Ola is India's largest mobility platform and one of the world's largest ride-hailing companies, serving 250+ cities across India, Australia, New Zealand, and the UK. The Ola app offers mobility solutions by connecting customers to drivers and a wide range of vehicles across bikes, auto-rickshaws, metered taxis, and cabs, enabling convenience and transparency for hundreds of millions of consumers and over 1.5 million driver-partners.
Started in 2017 by Bhavish Aggarwal, Ola Electric is Ola group's venture in the EV space, focused on creating technology for products and solutions driving a greater adoption towards sustainable mobility solutions. Backed by strong Strategic and Financial partners, the entity is one of the fastest growing EV company in the Asia-pacific region.
The company is setting up world's largest 2W manufacturing facility in the state of Tamil Nadu and plans to launch its first 2W product in 2021 across the globe.
Role : Strategy & Corporate Development | Ola Electric
Location : Bangalore
Strategy / BD / Alliances :
- Identify, track and analyse global targets to partner, invest in or acquire for Ola Electric
- Work with the leadership in planning and executing New Business Initiatives in domestic and global markets
- Engage with global leading companies in creating strategic tie-ups. Manage engagements independently and ensure timebound closures.
- Work with businesses in co-creating strategies, de-bottlenecking, troubleshooting.
M&A and Sector Research :
- Create and publish impactful research through
- Actively track developments in the technologies related to EV. Viz. Battery, Powertrain, Autonomous vehicle, etc.
- Regularly analyse sector updates, including technology, financial and regulatory changes across the globe impacting the sector
- Analyse financials of key listed and unlisted players and develop a POV on the factors driving segment dynamics.
- Actively engage with Investment Banks, VC funds, law firms, family offices to source quality transactions for Ola Group
- Drive end-to-end execution of M&A, investment & divestiture opportunities including deal sourcing, due-diligence, IC presentations, Board reviews
- Run entire documentation process including development & negotiation of term-sheet, SHA, SPA, etc. working with the deal team and legal firms
- Manages Ola Electric fund raising efforts working closely with Current and potential investors
- Manages all aspects of deal process from start to finish
- Lead due diligence including liaison with business units and enterprise functions
- Oversee and review financial modelling for strategic alignment
- Negotiate with key stakeholders on behalf of Ola Electric
- B.Tech (IIT/NIT/Ivy League) + MBA (IIM/ISB/XLRI/MDI/FMS/Top global universities)
What are we looking for : must have
- Passionate self-driven individuals with ability to handle ambiguity in a fast paced growing setup.
- Go-getter, Problem solving and resourcefulness
- Financial research, Investment research, M&A experience with tech firms, Automotive companies, Digital banking space
- Strong understanding of Corporate Finance, ability to create, question and analyse financial models independently
- Post-college experience with Investment Banking with Top IB firms, Tech focused IB Advisory, VC
- Familiarity with Bloomberg, Reuters, Pitchbook, etc in building quality research
- Candidates with experience fast growing teams/companies and available to join at the earliest are preferred.
What we offer :
- Opportunity to be at the helm of EV technology
- A learning curve like no other with Cross-functional experience across several functions, right from manufacturing to fundraising
- Professional Growth, like never witnessed in the country
The role will challenge you every day and is not for the faint hearted -, will demand the most of you and more, and leave you sore, but accomplished, in this world changing mission.
- Director | 12+ yrs
- Assistant Director | 7+ yrs exp.
- Manager/ Senior Manager | 2+ yrs exp
- Corporate Development
- Business Development
- Growth Strategy
- Corporate Finance
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Investment Banking
- Investment Research