OkCredit - Lead - User Research (4-7 yrs)
About OkCredit :
- We connect small business owners with their customers and suppliers by enabling them to record credit and payment transactions. Using the OkCredit app, merchants can track their sales and purchases made on credit besides sending payment reminders. We had 10 million app downloads so far and have grown 100 times since January this year. We envision OkCredit to be the new generation digital business network that brings the power of mobile internet technology to 50 million+ businesses to unlock their productivity and become partners in business growth.
User Research Lead:
- As a User Research Lead, you will be responsible for designing and conducting user research and identifying the best method based on research goals and resources. The Researcher is responsible for all aspects of research (Planning, Calling, Meeting users in-person, Analysis, Reporting) for both generative (participatory design) and evaluative (usability testing) research. You will be using a variety of user testing methodologies to reveal actionable customer insights. You will also be comfortable working with data, from gathering and analysis through to design and presentation.
How we do User research:
- In this position, you would be leading the user research initiatives at the organization. Currently, we are operating at a base of 5M MAU. We conduct user research through multiple avenues like we conduct surveys amongst the user base, contact users on the phone and we also conduct on-field user research across the country. Further, we have user feedback flowing to us through the in-app channels and customer care. Leading the current practices and scaling the same would be your responsibility here.
- Why user research? We are a user first product company and keep the user needs in the center when thinking of what to build. As a result, every feature or experiment requires interacting with users and getting an in-depth view of their requirements. In this role, you would be collaborating with all the various product functions and leading the user research initiative for them.
- Conducting research to gather insights for new product and concept developments (including user requirements gathering, prototype testing, guerrilla research, and other approaches to ensuring the user need is fully understood in the service design).
- Be able to meet and conduct in-person user research, gather insights, understand the users viewpoint and communicate with internal stakeholders to get necessary changes/modifications implemented within the system.
- Modeling insights gained from user research into formats and provide data-driven analysis to enhance organizational understanding of our users such as personas and user journey maps, etc.
- Working with Product managers and stakeholders as required to devise appropriate research strategies to generate focused insights and to convert concepts into high-quality stimulus material.
- Working closely with designers and developers to turn user data into actionable product/service requirements that feed into prototype development, and influence product direction.
Qualifications & Experience Required:
- High intent to understand real-world problems
- Should have 4+ years of experience performing onsite user research.
- Should be willing to travel both local and outstation as needed.
- Good at influencing user needs to senior stakeholders, and acting as a persuasive advocate for those needs.
- Experience in conducting user interviews.
- Experience analyzing both quantitative and qualitative data to produce user experience artifacts.
- Previous experience of managing, planning, designing User Surveys.