HR Recruiter at Ocwen
Views:773 Applications:43 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:6
Ocwen - Manager - Operational Risk & Controls (7-10 yrs)
Title: Manager, Operational Risk and Controls
Work Time: 1 pm to 10 pm
Qualification: Graduation/ Post Graduation from a recognised university.
- This position will work directly with the business units in preparing for the onsite reviews and assisting in addressing any issues identified by the FHLMC CORE team during the engagement.
- The manager will design the audit validation steps that are needed in order to test the action plan implemented by the business unit to address the identified issue.
- The Manager will ensure that the action plans implemented by the business units are responsive to the issues identified and that the business units adhere to the forecasted implementation dates for the completion of the action plans.
- This individual will issue weekly reports to senior management providing status on the action plans and how each business unit is tracking to their completion dates. They will escalate any action plan that is not projecting to meet implementation dates provided to the GSE's.(Government Sponsored Entities)
- This position will need to work collaboratively with the Ocwen business units as well as well as the review staffs of the particular GSE's to address and resolve audit issues.
Key Result Areas:
- Participate in the various GSE reviews and work with the business units in preparing for GSE reviews and in responding to issues raised by the GSE during the review.
- Assist the business units in establishing action plans that are responsive to issues identified by the GSE review teams during their onsite reviews. Insuring that the implementation timelines provided to the GSE are met.
- Prepare weekly reports summarizing the status of action plan implementation and remediation testing and distribute these reports to senior management and the operational business units..
- Insure that open action plans are incorporated into the organizational Risk Convergence Process and AFSR reporting processes and that updates to these reporting processes are accurate and timely.
- Manage GSE Operations testing and validation efforts for risk issues identified during the GSE reviews
- Ensure effective communication between Compliance, Legal, Internal Audit and other second and third line of defense enterprise organizations and first line businesses to effectively address identified issues.
- Develop the testing methodology for validating that the action plans implemented by the business units are operating as intended and will pass the further validation testing that may be performed by the respective GSE
- Assist in the coordination of non GSE reviews (onsite and desktop), as needed, and coordinate this activity with the Investor Relations team.
- The position may also participate in the broader Risk Convergence Process as well as the annual servicer audits performed by the independent public accountants on an as needed basis.
Preferred Skills/ Knowledge/ Qualification:
- Bachelor's degree required, MBA preferred. CPA/CIA designation also preferred. Residential mortgage servicing experience a plus.
- Seven years of experience in audit related areas within the mortgage banking or financial services industries.
- Strong understanding of operational risk concepts and related control frameworks and practices.
- Experience in participating in simultaneous audits independently; strong multi-tasking.
- Proven ability to build strong partnerships with key stakeholders.
- High level of professionalism, self-motivation and a strong sense of urgency.
- Ability to operate in gray space and to adapt to work flow variations and change.
Ocwen Financial Corporation (- Ocwen- ) is the largest independent mortgage loan servicer in the United States and the fourth largest overall mortgage servicer. Ocwen is publicly traded (NYSE:OCN) and is widely recognized in government, industry, community and media circles as a leader in foreclosure prevention, mainly through loan modifications. Over the past few years, Ocwen has enjoyed significant growth in its loan servicing portfolio and market capitalization, largely as a result of successfully integrating servicing platforms acquired from large financial institutions.
As a leader in loan modifications, we strive to help struggling families meet their financial responsibilities and stay in their homes as well as help them address the concerns and complex questions they may have about their home and mortgage. Helping homeowners is what we do!
Make a difference by working in this dynamic, growing field for one of the most innovative and fastest-growing companies in the mortgage servicing industry.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.