OakNorth - Senior Manager/Assistant Vice President - Enterprise Governance (7-12 yrs)
OakNorth - Senior Manager/Assistant Vice President - Enterprise Governance
Enterprise Governance :
- OakNorth Global Private Limited is looking for an experienced audit and/or compliance professional who can operate effectively and independently in a dynamic environment with tight deadlines and can prioritize ones own work to achieve desired outcomes.
- The successful candidate for this role is expected to have the right approach, proven skills and experience to deliver the second and third line of defense reviews as required.
Job Responsibility :
1. Execute reviews
- Deliver all assigned audits as per the annual Internal Audit plan;
- Demonstrate and document compliance with SYSC 6.2, the Internal Audit Charter and Methodology;
- Perform compliance reviews as per the Compliance Monitoring Plans (CMP) for ONAI and ONGPL to minimize the regulatory risk to those businesses;
- Support the team in managing all external reviews and certifications, including ISMS ISO 27001 and ISO 22301 BCMS;
- Monitor compliance of policies and procedures relative to risk exposure for ONAI and ONGPL;
- Develop and lead a programme of work to defend the three businesses against the threat of fraud, both external and internal.
- Lead pro-active fraud prevention work to ensure the fraud risk management framework continues to be robust and effective at all times;
- Provide regular reports to ONB senior management on fraud threats and defensive steps taken
- Create and deliver fraud prevention training to the three businesses
- Assist the team in meeting data protection related duties such as reviewing organizations compliance with applicable data protection and IT security laws and conducting data protection impact assessments for internal and external projects;
- Facilitate supplier management reviews to identify and highlight any third-party risks;
- Conduct trainings and create awareness on InfoSec, Data Protection, Compliance and Business Continuity;
- Follow up with those accountable for implementing remedial actions within the required time frame; and
- Participate actively in all review meetings and provide the right control opinion and advice.
2. Deliver value
- All Audits pass quality assurance and external quality assurance outcomes exceed expectations;
- The review reports released externally are praised for their accuracy, brevity and clarity;
- Recommendations are practical and meaningful, and approved by respective lines of defense;
- Help management to deliver review actions on time and accurately maintain and compile Management Information; and
- Deputize as required for the Internal Audit and Compliance team leads.
Desired skills :
- Minimum 8-10 years of experience in an audit or compliance function of a reputable bank or a consulting firm;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills - excellent English grammar and vocabulary;
- Analytical and problem solving skills with ability to analyze issues in a logical and structured way;
- Attention to detail and consistent in not allowing details to slip;
- Should be able to challenge the status quo the right way;
- Able to do multi-tasking in a fast paced work environment with proper prioritization at work;
- Understanding of UK financial services regulation (FCA and PRA), IT controls and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR);
- Hands-on experience of running/implementing mature enterprise-wide data privacy and supplier risk management programs;
- At least one professional qualification in Finance/IT or Internal Audit;
- The applicant will need to already have, or be prepared to take, fraud prevention qualifications from the ACFE
- Ability and willingness to travel as and when required; and
- A confident individual who feels comfortable working in a small entrepreneurial team.
- The role will functionally report to Internal Audit and Risk and Compliance teams for ONGPL and ONAI and will administratively report into the Internal Audit SVP