OakNorth - Senior Role - Family Office (10-15 yrs)
- A successful executive (- Principal- ) is seeking an adaptable, honest, experienced and self-sufficient individual with an entrepreneurial spirit to further develop and run their family office as Senior Vice President. This is a unique opportunity to work closely with a successful business leader and the family, and to help them extend their reach and effect change through their personal investments.
- This is a sole contributor role working across all aspects of the Principal's personal wealth and assets. As the Senior Vice President of the Family Office you must have a broad depth of knowledge so as to identify potential issues and opportunities. Being aware of the latest Tax issues and implications is also vitally important.
- As part of the role, you will liaise with external professional service providers to address issues ranging from tax, asset allocation, legal and personal matters.
The responsibilities of this role will be broad and varied and include:
- Active participation in developing and implementing the family office strategic investment and operational plan.
- Oversight of all family assets, including investment accounts, properties, trusts and other interests.
- Involvement in developing and overseeing the management and strategic development of the family office.
- Establish and maintain a financial and operating environment that is focused on ethical standards and the family's core values.
- Oversee preparation of financial statements, tax returns, and periodic portfolio reports.
- Liaise with the lawyers, trustees, accountants, real estate brokers and other external advisors.
As with all Family Office roles, you should have strong organizational skills with the ability to multi task. You will need to guide the Family Office both strategically and through advising the Principal. The successful candidate will be a high impact professional who will be motivated by the mission and values of the Principal and the family.
Additional qualifications are as follows;
- A Chartered Accountant or an MBA
- 6-8 years prior experience as a finance research professional in investment banking space or private equity is highly preferred
- Well-developed investment and quantitative skills
- Expertise in financial, accounting and other technical areas
- Indisputable record of integrity.
- Strong in building internal control frameworks
- Must be able to engage multiple family members and generations
- Diverse skills (business, technical, communication, human resources)
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize workflow and manage multiple projects.
- Demonstrated experience in being flexible and resourceful within a complex and lean environment.
- Family office experience and exposure to real estate, tax and/or investment activities is a plus.
Desirable Traits :
- High degree of intelligence
- Energy & passion
- Commercial mind-set
- Demonstrated confidence, maturity, and proactive nature
- Eagerness to learn and take on responsibility
- Ability to work well in a team-oriented environment
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.