OakNorth Bank - DVP - Legal - LLB (12-15 yrs)
With offices in London, New York, Singapore, Gurgaon, and Bangalore, OakNorth are solving the problem of complex loans to SMEs. This is a global problem that started 25 years ago when branch managers started losing the authority to approve loans, as banks around the world centralised the SME credit function in an effort to cut costs. As a result, banks started offering - tick box- inflexible products to their SME customers, and entrepreneurs across the world suffered a major setback.
By using artificial intelligence, data science, and state of the art credit analysis, OakNorth's tech and process has made complex lending to SMEs highly profitable for its own bank and for other banks across the world. OakNorth's bank, which is the fastest growing in the UK and planning an international expansion, has lent circa - 2bn in the past 3 years, with 0 credit issues. Its platform, which has - 4bn in assets under management, has been deployed at various banks across North America, Europe, and Asia.
OakNorth was set up in 2015 by Rishi Khosla and Joel Perlman, who previously co-founded Copal Amba and grew it to 3,000 employees over 12 years, before selling it to Moody's (NYSE: MCO) in 2014, returning 175 times capital to seed investors. Rishi and Joel have given themselves 20 years to create the globally dominant player in the sector, with the mission of helping millions of entrepreneurs across the world access debt capital in an efficient and painless way.
OakNorth has raised circa USD 600m from leading institutional investors including Singapore's GIC.
Visit www.oaknorth.com for more information.
- Drafting and negotiating real estate investment, development, holding and corporate credit facilities.
- Drafting and negotiating security documentation for all transactions.
- Managing a number of transactions simultaneously and supervision of junior lawyers and paralegals to advance the condition precedent documentation for all of the bank's transactions.
- Management of all ancillary documentation and mentoring the junior lawyers and paralegals.
- Monitoring and keeping up to date the bank's suite of precedent documentation.
- The candidate should have extensive experience representing clearing banks and alternative lenders on real estate finance and general corporate transactions on both senior and mezzanine structured financings.
- Passionate about delivering excellence in service and quality
- The candidate should have strong ability to
(1) review financial statements/accounts of corporate entities and
(2) understand, draft and negotiate financial covenants.
- The candidate should have experience of reviewing property / asset management documentation and shareholder / joint venture documentation.
- Strong spoken English skills and good commercial acumen
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; ability to work effectively across teams
- Adept at performing data compilation and analysis, drafting legal and policy documents
- Ability to independently investigate/analyze information and draw/present conclusions
- Ability to work outside of comfort zone and develop new areas of proficiency
- Excellent attention to detail, project management and organizational ability
- Personal drive (proactive), flexible, creative (thinks out of the box), result driven, responsible, curious, team player and fast learner
- Ability to succeed in a culture where change and speed are part of daily work.
- LLB from a reputed institute with 12+ years of experience
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.