OakNorth - Chief Technology Officer (19-28 yrs)
OakNorth is the next-generation credit and monitoring platform that provides banks and lending institutions with the insight and foresight needed to create a better borrowing experience for the Missing Middle – the growth business who are the backbones of communities and economies globally but who have been in banking’s blind spot for decades.
The business was founded in 2015 by Rishi Khosla and Joel Perlman, who previously co-founded Copal Amba and grew it to 3,000 employees over 12 years, before selling it to Moody’s (NYSE: MCO) in 2014, returning 125 times capital to seed investors.
Since its inception, OakNorth has secured over $1bn from several investors, including: Clermont Group, Coltrane, EDBI of Singapore, GIC, Indiabulls, NIBC, Toscafund, and SoftBank’s Vision Fund.
The Platform has been deployed at various banks across North America, Europe, and Asia, and in the UK where OakNorth lends off of its own balance sheet via OakNorth Bank. The platform has helped OakNorth Bank become the fastest-growing business in Europe according to the Financial Times FT 1000 (2020), profitably lending over £4bn to date. In terms of the impact this has had on the economy, OakNorth Bank’s loans have directly helped with the creation of 13,000 new homes and 17,000 new jobs in the UK, as well as adding several billion pounds to the economy.
With offices in London, New York, Manchester, Singapore, Hong Kong, Shanghai, Istanbul, Gurgaon and Bangalore, the global team across the OakNorth Holdings group is over 800 people.
Chief Technology officer :
This role will focus on customer-facing platforms, managing systems integration (vs. core engineering) making sure the various systems operate together, working with 3rd party providers to get the Bank's needs are met, and ensuring the technology scales.
- Leading a team for driving technology and process automation to get efficiencies
- The key role is more of systems integration: making sure the various systems operate together, working with 3rd party providers to get the Bank's needs met, ensuring the technology scales.
- As the largest consumer of the ON credit platform, to ensure Bank features are represented on the roadmap
- Provide an end-user product perspective on what is needed in the core banking platform.
- Will drive requirements, provide insights on beta features etc
- Driving technology and process automation and get operating efficiencies
- Oversee that the mobile app offering integrates with the bank's capabilities/infrastructure
- Ensure cyber strategy is implemented with relevant tools/platforms
DESIRED SKILLS :
- CTO - banking systems integration experience
- Strong end user and product orientation (vs deep engineering)
- Preferably someone that has implemented one of the other cloud core banking platforms in a prior role and can be a partner to drive the core banking platform feature set
- Strong knowledge and experience with managing IT infrastructure (network, end-user computing)
- Experience deploying and managing cybersecurity capabilities/infrastructure and working with SOC providers
- Experience operating in a regulated business
- Needs to come from a regulated bank in India so that they have experience in working in regulated institutions.
- Need to be very strong in Infrastructure and Cybersecurity/infosec
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.