TA at Nurture.Farm
Views:340 Applications:86 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:12
nurture.farm - Legal Counsel - LLB (4-5 yrs)
About us :
Nurture.farm is here to partner with farmers to build a resilient and sustainable farming ecosystem by reducing risk and improving the quality of life of farmers. We bring together learnings, experience and networks built over five decades in this field as a part of UPL, in over 120 countries and the ability to deploy transformative solutions in an agile manner. nurture.farm does this by bringing all farms online and thereby, making mechanization, technology and scientific know-how accessible to the farming community.
- Law degree (LLB or equivalent) from a leading university or law school.
- Licensed to practice law in India.
- A minimum of 4-5 years of legal experience preferably with some portion of that experience in agri/digital/start-up/new-age business.
- Base location - Bangalore, India
- The successful candidate must be proactive, enthusiastic, enjoy working hard and being challenged, and demonstrate sound judgment even in ambiguous situations.
- Excellent language capability including the ability to communicate orally and in writing English.
- Candidate should have excellent legal drafting skills.
- A mix of corporate law firm and in-house experience is a plus
- Ability to work independently while being able to contribute successfully to cross-functional teams
- Ability to work with and manage relationships with external law firms
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong analytical and computer skills
- Common sense, great judgment, and a good sense of humour
In this role, the primary responsibilities will include:
- Negotiating, drafting and closing commercial agreements and related matters such as service agreements, product supply agreements, logistics agreements, NDAs, licensing agreements, shareholders agreement, investment agreement, share purchase agreement, marketing agreements, distribution agreements and other commercial agreements
- Knowledge of and engagement with data privacy, data security-related issues, consumer protection and other e-commerce related issues
- Knowledge of foreign investment and exchange control laws
- Preparation of standard templates for recurring commercial transactions and to address new business models or legal and business requirements
- Counselling and collaborating with business/sales clients, marketing, finance and other business functions necessary to effectively and efficiently accomplish assignments and ensuring best practices in various legal areas such as antitrust, intellectual property protection, contract law, and others
- Working with internal business partners and advising them on significant legal issues impacting the business, including the drafting and hands-on negotiation of diverse commercial agreements with global parties
- The role of the Counsel is to ensure that business is provided with legal documentation and advisory support and are legally compliant with all the applicable laws
- Responsibilities as given by the Management from time to time