Recruiter at Nuclei
Views:3361 Applications:569 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:504
Nuclei - Manager - Finance (3-5 yrs)
Why are we building Nuclei?
Before we started Nuclei, we listed down a few guiding principles. These were essentially the learnings from our previous startups/companies.
1. Think big, think global and not limit ourselves only to India.
2. Build a company, not a startup. We wanted to be sustainable from day 1 and build a profitable business.
3. Build for the long term, not flip it in a few years.
4. Leverage existing distribution, instead of spending $s in getting app downloads.
5. And most importantly, we wanted to change the perception about India, of being a back-office / outsourcing destination, to a product destination.
All the above points came together to form Nuclei's vision - "To build a well respected global product company out of India."
Why are we targeting the BFSI sector?
Obviously we see a big opportunity in the BFSI sector and it aligns with all of our guiding principles. The banking industry is pretty uniform globally and our products can be easily scaled up across multiples banks and geographies. Working with banks has helped us run a profitable company from day 1 and we intend to remain profitable throughout.
Coming to the problem - Today, banks are not just competing with other banks, but mainly with various consumer tech companies. And if they intend to remain relevant over the next 10yrs, they need to build a deeper relationship with their customers.
At Nuclei, we are building a platform that enables the banks to increase customer engagement and build a deeper relationship. We help them go-to-market with multiple third party products quickly, while providing a seamless customer experience.
Roles & Responsibilities :
In this role, you will have overall responsibility of budgeting, forecasting, funds management and financial analysis along with day to day operations and process management.
Process Management :
- Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures
- Manage outsourced functions
- Oversee the operations of the treasury department, including the design of an organizational structure adequate for achieving the department's goals and objectives
Funds Management :
- Forecast cash flow positions, related borrowing needs and available funds for investment
- Ensure that sufficient funds are available to meet ongoing operational and capital investment requirements
- Maintain banking relationships
- Invest funds
Day to Day Operations :
- Manage & oversee daily operations of the accounting department
- Monitoring & Analyzing Accounting data & produce financial reports or statements
- Review ledgers & co-ordinate with team for book closure activities (monthly & annual)
- Support preparation of the company's budget
- Liaison with departments on monthly budget & consumption; prepare variance analysis
- Report to management on variances from the established budget, and the reasons for those variances
Financial Analysis :
- Engage in benchmarking studies to establish areas of potential operational improvement.
- Interpret the company's financial results to management and recommend improvement activities.
- Manage the capital budgeting process, based on constraint analysis and discounted cash flow analysis.
- Create additional analyses and reports as requested by management.
- Legal & Statutory requirements and issues.
- Maintaining and protecting employee salary information
- Maintaining and protecting the company's financial information/reports
- Ensuring compliance with legal requirements
- Co-ordinate & complete Audit.
What we need:
- MBA - with 3 to 5 years post qualification experience.
- People with start-up experience preferred; Should have lead audits.
- Excellent communication skills are essential, particularly in regard to presenting the results of analyses to management, team management, multi-tasking.