Novartis - Team Leader - Master Data Management (12-15 yrs)
Position Title : Team Lead, MDM Data Quality
- 365 days a year, our global manufacturing and supply network works to ensure our patients have the treatments they need to live longer, healthier lives.
Position Purpose :
- Drive Master Data Management and Data Quality enhancement across the NTO Division for consistency, correctness and completeness. Support enforcement of Data Governance (DG) as per defined DG policies
- Drives FAIRification of data across various domain. Lead a group of data analysts and MDM experts to support and facilitate data enabled decision making for Novartis internal customers
Your key responsibilities :
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to :
1) Develops robust data quality and governance mechanism to improve organization's data quality across supply chain, quality and other key functions. Drives Data linkage Strategy using Agile tools and methodology to plan, monitor health and de-livery of Data quality projects.
2) Drives FAIRification of data process across key domain areas. Serve as a liaison between Business and Functional areas and technology to ensure that data related business requirements are clearly defined, communicated and well understood and considered as part of operational prioritization and planning.
3) Drives End to end DW solution and Data Migration architecture and implementation road map. Defines strategy & driving Technology forward with Cloud platforms like MS Azure / AWS. Drives solution design & architecture review for various BI / Analytics / data science solutions. Define proactive measures to standardize, harmonize, and enhance data quality and related attributes.
4) Creating project estimates, resource plan, schedules, communication plans, Status reporting mechanism etc. Define indicators of performance and quality metrics and ensure compliance with data related policies, standards, roles and responsibilities, and adoption requirement. Develop an integrated data dictionary across most of the data sources and create Data Lineage diagrams across key data sources. Create knowledge management framework & business data glossary .
5) Stays abreast of data quality products/tools and of business strategies and direction. Develop strategy to enhance client experience across the projects. Partners with the data stewards in continuous improvement processes affecting data quality in the context of the specific use case. Participate in evaluating new technologies so as to ensure the advancement of technology architecture and data within organization Business Intelligence needs. Develop performance metrics, measure KPIs and generate insights. Prepare standard operating procedures (SOPs) and train the users. Comply with all internal functional operating procedures like time tracking, KPI tracking and reporting, and other internal systems and processes. Comply to all Novartis operating procedures as per legal / IT / HR requirements.
What you'll bring to the role :
1) Engineering Graduate or Masters in Computer Science Fluency in English is prerequisite, while knowledge of other in-scope country languages would be an advantage.
2) Experience 12+ years in Data Quality, data governance, data modeling, ETL, Informatica, cloud related platforms.
3) Strong experience in managing teams in ETL / Informatica / Cloud / MDM. Strong project management experience in large data projects. Hands on Exposure & experience in Scripting languages like SQL.
4) Experience in ontology, semantic modeling, data linking & lineage methods like FAIR. Strong experience in Project Delivery Methodologies: SDLC, Agile, Scrum, Kanban.
5) Holistic understanding and expertise in supply chain, quality, manufacturing and associated areas Pharma industry experience will be added advantage
Why consider Novartis?
- 799 million. That's how many lives our products touched in 2019. And while we're proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this : how can we continue to improve and extend even more people's lives?
- We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you- re given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you- re empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you're surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world's toughest medical challenges.
Imagine what you could do at Novartis!
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion :
Novartis embraces diversity, equal opportunity and inclusion. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration, and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.