Talent Acquisition & Staffing at Novartis
Views:719 Applications:142 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:4
Novartis - Head - Finance Control & Compliance SoD CoS (14-24 yrs)
20+! The number of countries supported by FC&C Team. The Financial Controls & Compliance team will be responsible for...
Head FC&C SoD CoS will be responsible to manage centralized Access Controls function within FC&C, to ensure adequate Internal Controls over Financial Reporting framework for such process as required by Novartis Financial Controls Manual (NFCM) and SOX 404 requirements. The role is also responsible to manage the testing of Fully Automated controls, Cockpits and Actual Violation reports.
She/he will work in collaboration and alignment mostly with the FC&C Leadership at Divisional / Global level and GFC&C team in the execution of deliverables. Also, will closely liaison with the External Auditors to support the audit of Access Controls, Fully Automated controls, Cockpits and Actual Violation reports.
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Ensure compliance with the Internal Controls over Financial Reporting, Novartis Financial Controls Manual (NFCM) and SOX 404 requirements, manage and sustain operations, Project Management, envisage need for re-alignment of operations and drive further org. changes where necessary, drive continuous access controls improvement, define, and implement solutions, drive SoD and access control simplification and standardization, strive for Operational excellences, specifically w.r.t. reduction of access conflicts etc.
- People management, incl. ensuring a high-performance work culture. Ensure workload balancing of the team supporting multiple initiatives, strong focus on Continuous Improvement initiatives, support SOX 404 attestation processes, support transitions and knowledge transfer, monitoring critical deliverables, provide/initiate training on compliance requirements to relevant stakeholders
- Ensure testing of fully automated controls as per the plan, remediation etc. and ensure adherence to NFCM timelines incl. support and facilitation for interim and final attestation, annual independent testing of Cockpits and Actual Violation reports (AVR) and timely completion, ensure transparent, reliable, and agile stakeholder management
Internal & External Audits:
- Support for internal and external audits, if required and support for remediation of agreed actions.
- Live the Novartis Values and Behavior (Innovation, Quality, Collaboration, Performance, Courage, and Integrity), role model a leadership style which is inclusive, proactive & intuitive, result-oriented, and customer-focused attitude, while driving continuous improvement and change, liaison/coordination with stakeholders including FRA Ops, FC&C teams, GSOs, Ext. Audit and GFC&C.
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion: :Novartis is committed to building an outstanding, inclusive work environment and diverse teams representative of the patients and communities we serve.
Minimum requirements :
What you'll bring to the role:
- CA/CPA/MBA Finance or Equivalent, Six Sigma certification preferred
- Overall, at least 14 years post qualification experience in complex, multinational business setup
- Big 4 experience (in assurance), ability to work cross functional and in teams
- Solid knowledge of the methodology for the Audit of financial statements, strong knowledge of SOX requirements and business processes, project management skills (ability to plan, monitor and finalize the work of team up to 20 people, support people in case coaching is needed)
- Experience in standardization and harmonization of processes and controls, solid communication skills, ability to understand and address the needs of the stakeholders, good interpersonal skills, Pharma industry and shared services experience is a plus, Good knowledge of SAP and MS Office
People management: 15-20
769 million lives were touched by Novartis medicines in 2020, and while we're proud of this, we know there is so much more we could do to help improve and extend people's lives.
We believe new insights, perspectives and ground-breaking solutions can be found at the intersection of medical science and digital innovation. That a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment inspires new ways of working.
We believe our potential can thrive and grow in an unbossed culture underpinned by integrity, curiosity and flexibility. And we can reinvent what's possible, when we collaborate with courage to aggressively and ambitiously tackle the world's toughest medical challenges. Because the greatest risk in life, is the risk of never trying!
Imagine what you could do here at Novartis!
Novartis is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Join our Novartis Network: If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to hear more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network
Job Apply Link:
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.