Talent Acquisition & Staffing at Novartis
Views:262 Applications:65 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:19
Novartis - Head/Data Owner (18-25 yrs)
- Novartis Technical Operations (NTO) Global Operations Center (GOC) Data Organization is setup to govern (design business solutions, maintain data and consume (e.g., Lighthouse projects)) data in NTO.
- To govern the data strategy and manage all the programs to deliver value to the NTO functions & Sites.
- To serve as the Single Point of contact for all data use cases (both primary & derived) from the Leadership Team and other stakeholders from the Business functions, IT, Chief Digital Office & Data Strategy Team.
- Ensure data maintenance across NTO as per GxP requirements.
Major Accountabilities (Describe the results of the role to be achieved)
- Lead, partner, communicate & realize the vision of NTO Data Strategy in alignment with enterprise Data Strategy
- Responsible for creation, monitoring & running of sustainable data governance organization to track and enforce data governance
- Create and communicate data standards, policies, benchmarks, timelines and programs for the execution of data use cases and light house projects
- Collaborate closely with the Data Strategy Team, Chief digital office, IT (Technology and Architecture) and Business functions.
- Liaise with the Functional Decision Owners and Product owners, IT organization to calibrate, discuss and resolve Data Governance and Quality issues
- Continuously monitor progress and track benefit realization of use cases and delivery of intended results in a timely manner
- Ensure continuous and effective communication with relevant steer committees, stakeholders and colleagues for effective data governance
- Review and approve data exceptions and stay accountable for the data created by Data Maintenance team
- Act as a point of escalation from the leadership perspective on the matters relating to non-compliance/deviation of Data Governance and Quality policies
- Creates an effective data community with a distinct identity, to facilitate shared learning between Business Users and functional experts, Global Process owners and to promote active Data Governance across multiple levels
- Create & maintain partnership with External vendors and technology partners to ensure current technological advances are benefitting NTO.
- Scout for partnerships to advance NTO data governance levels to best in class.
- Adherence to the Novartis Values & Behaviors
- Ensure exemplary communication with all stakeholders including internal associates through regular updates with focus on accomplishments, KPIs, best practices, change management, key events, etc.
- Mentoring team, Identify and resolves operational issues, clearly articulate potential recommendations/solutions to all stakeholders
- Be proactive in planning; anticipating change and acting in accordance; drive meticulous implementation of team goals and metrics
- Ensure accountability & ownership for Data in NTO
- Ensure successful implementation of Lighthouse programs with Product owners.
- Be the change catalyst and champion for data governance in NTO
- providing guidance and set standards of Data excellence in Global & Local data operations
- adoption of advanced standards, stabilization and sustain data governance
- in guiding, mentoring and hiring process.
Key Performance Indicators :
- Execution and evolution of the data governance strategy
- Number of programs & Lighthouse projects on boarded for the respective functions
- Accountable for metadata, data lineage and data quality KPIs
- Compliance and improvement in current data governance
- Accountability and ownership of NTO Data
- Adherence to Novartis values and behaviors
Number of staff reporting Direct: 50-100
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.