Novartis - Data Solution Designer (12-19 yrs)
Country : India
Platform / Area : Global Operations Centers
Site : Hyderabad NTO GOC
Generic role title : Data Solution Designer
Job Grade : 4
Department : Supply Chain
Reports to (solid line) : NTO Data Owner
Job Purpose :
- Novartis Technical Operations (NTO) Global Operations Center (GOC) Data Governance team is setup to develop and maintain the right metadata, master data, data quality parameters, data lineage, KPI reports and workflows to ensure that data is governed, consistent, reliable and easily accessible for decision-making.
- To design the consumption of data structure to reflect needs of various evolving business requirements & use cases across the NTO ecosystem.
- To serve as the data representative for business in order to build clear data use cases (both primary & derived).
- Ensure data is maintained across NTO as per Pharmaceutical regulatory and compliance requirements
- Data Solution designer designs the data solution along with technical architects and leads prototype design/development of use case. Also, ensures synergies between similar use cases for most efficient data architecture
Major Accountabilities :
E2E Responsibilities :
- Data Solution Designer acts as an overarching authority for data solutions design in alignment with corporate and NTO data strategy and data governance frameworks
- Central owner of Business Glossary, data lineage & conceptual Data model
- Acts as an ongoing Design Authority and act as a technical link between Data Governance team, Enterprise Data Strategy, NTO IT organization and CDO organization
- Leads prototype design/development of business data use cases
- Ensures synergy between similar use cases for most efficient data architecture
- Be responsible for successful deployment of defined use cases across digital lighthouses leveraging enterprise wide data horizontal DLC products and assets.
- Provides technical leadership in data management to the NTO Data Governance team and able to perform hands on work as needed.
- Facilitates, moderates meetings with stakeholders and cross-functional teams. Ensure service quality, mediating through conflicts and helping team make decisions.
- Build familiarity and alignment to the Data Strategy vision, with clear understanding and ease with product backlogs using agile methodology
- Drive engagement/collaboration in a matrix organization, fostering strong partnerships - internal and external, and helping build diverse teams.
- Adherence to the Novartis Values & Behaviors
- Ensure exemplary communication with all stakeholders including internal associates with focus on data solutions around key business use cases.
- Leveraging existing platforms and cross collaboration with IT, Data Strategy and Business stakeholders
- Be proactive in planning; anticipating change and acting in accordance; drive meticulous implementation of team goals and metrics
- Ensure accountability & ownership of assigned tasks
- Ensure successful implementation of Data Governance framework and processes
- Be the change catalyst and champion for data strategy
- Provide guidance and set standards of functional excellence in methodologies, processes and SOPs to enable enhancement of Global & Local data operations
- Support management in adoption, stabilization and sustain change management
- Support management in guiding, mentoring and hiring process
Key Performance Indicators :
- Adherence to Global Data Governance Framework
- Compliance and improvement in current data governance responsibilities
- Accountability and ownership
- Adherence to Novartis values and behaviors
- Number of data objects on boarded for the respective functions
- Impact on the organization Functional processes and decisions can not be delivered effectively without complete and accurate data
Ideal Background :
Relevant Experience :
- Overall 12-15 years of hands-on and consulting experience in data management and engineering in a Global data driven organization
- Hands-on experience in working in Data Governance, Master data and data management domain
- Domain expertise in Supply Chain, Procurement, Manufacturing in Pharma or Life Sciences industry
- Good knowledge of GxP environment
- Deep expertise in Data Life Cycle Management and data wrangling including Data Ingestion, Unification, Anonymization, Search, Master & Meta Data Management and Data Governance.
- Experience in FAIR data principles, creating Uniform Resource Identifiers (URIs), building Ontologies and working with Semantic Web technologies (RDF, SPARQL, OWL).
- Experience in agile methodology with In-depth experience in facilitating agile ceremonies and mentoring teams/individuals on agile values, design thinking, customer value, product management, etc.
- At least 5 years of hands on experience working on data management and analytics tools. Hand on experience in working with Python and other scripting tools is preferred. Experience in working with cloud technologies such as AWS and Microsoft Azure is preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to interact with senior global executives. High passion, energy, and ability to navigate complex global matrixed organization to achieve the business objectives.
Education & Qualification :
- Bachelor / Master's degree from reputed University in Pharma, Computers or IT or equivalent
Languages : English
Competencies : Directing others, problem solving, process management, negotiations
Other Dimensions :
- Manufacturing experience in Pharmaceuticals will be an added advantage
- Prior experience in managing GxP processes
- Having good negotiation skills.
- Ability to navigate in a complex matrix environment dealing with continued change