HR at Northern Trust
Views:4486 Applications:327 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:11
Northern Trust - Associate Consultant - Employee Relations (3-5 yrs)
- Conducts investigations (under attorney-client privilege when necessary) into employment situations; provides guidance to business unit management and Human Resources (HR) on the investigative process. Consults with management, HR and Legal with respect to findings.
- Responsible for communicating to Employee Relations, EEO, HR Compliance and Employment Law departments the learning from investigations in order to facilitate improvements in policies, practices and procedures.
- Researches Northern Trust and industry best practices, procedures and programs; helps facilitate change.
- Creates processes and solutions in partnership with HRBPs and other COEs, which support a positive employee experience through effective communications, policies and practices.
- Drives projects, delivers interventions and liaises with COEs to provide solutions in the areas of Policy Framework, Employee Grievances, Legal and Statutory Compliance across APAC region.
- Assists EEO Officer in ER record keeping. Provides status reports on pending cases to region ER Manager and HRM, as appropriate.
- Actively researches and keeps abreast of policy changes in the region so as to ensure Northern Trust's continued compliance with regulatory and other policy requirements. Works with HR Compliance Officer monitor and measure compliance.
- Liaises with third parties, including representatives from Labor Commissions, other organizations and outside legal counsel to research labor compliance issues.
- Identifies specific business unit employee relations needs; acts as a liaison for ER to the business in order to assist in the smooth delivery of various employee relations initiatives.
- Works with the Liaison Officer in developing proactive strategies to create awareness and prevent discrimination and/or harassment of partners with disabilities.
- Assists in provision of facilities, amenities and reasonable/medical accommodations for partners.
- Coordinates the preparation and filing of statutory documents.
- Deliver/facilitate training and sessions on employment law awareness, disciplinary procedures, performance improvement plan, POSH, etc.
Preferred Qualifications for ER Associate Consultant :
- Strong interest in human resources, human/employment relations and HR policy.
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to maintain strictest confidentiality
- Ability to prioritize and multitask
- Understanding and support of diversity
- Ability to be sensitive but objective and fair
- Confidence in relating to partners at various levels
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Graduate / Post graduate with 3-4 yrs of experience
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.