Recruitment Team at Northern Trust
Views:3408 Applications:336 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:221
Northern Trust - Analyst - Proxy Voting & Research - Buy Side (2-5 yrs)
Proxy Voting & Research Analyst (Buy Side / 2-5 Years)
Northern Trust Asset Management, Bangalore
Work Ex. : 2-5 years
Description / Main Responsibilities :
- Work with the external proxy voting vendors to ensure receipt of materials for upcoming shareholder meetings and ensure securities are voted timely and accurately in accordance with the firm's proxy voting policies.
- Review and research various proposals put forth in corporate proxy statements, such as executive compensation and governance issues, communicate key information about voting issues to Proxy Committee, and provide interpretation of voting items that are outside of the standard firm Proxy Guidelines.
- Work with internal stakeholders to ensure compliance with all applicable laws and regulations, including internal policies and procedures, associated with proxy voting.
- Gain an understanding of investment and shareholder issues gathered through research and contact with vendors, proxy solicitation firms and corporate issuers.
- Engage with companies on a variety of topics including capital allocation, execution compensation and environmental and social issues.
- Act as a point of contact for firms wishing to understand the firm's policies and procedures related to stewardship.
- Support the firm's Proxy Committee by providing regular updates on proxy voting activity and information on industry trends and issues.
Mandatory Skill Set :
- Bachelor's degree/PG in Finance, Legal or related field
- Background in proxy voting or corporate governance
- 2+ years' experience in investment management or legal compliance environment
Desirable Skill Set :
- Understanding of equity investing and ESG investing
- Progress towards CFA designation / MBA
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.