HR at NIUM India Pvt Ltd.
Views:117 Applications:23 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:23
NIUM - Senior Executive/Manager - Reconciliation (4-7 yrs)
What's the story?
Nium started out as InstaReM in 2015 with a vision to simplify the digital cross-border payments experience for complex markets. Over time, we grew into a global Fintech platform, regulated in over 40 markets and reaching 180 countries. Today we are a universal plug for financial services and our BaaS offering straddles cross-border payments, card issuance and collections by way of capability. We have clients in all 6 continents and have diversified our offerings to meet the needs of banks, financial institutions, SMEs and New Economy businesses like eCommerce and online travel. We are a team of 400 people across 11 offices globally and growing. Our vision is to embed world class financial services into every platform we touch.
Our network is powered by our portfolio of licenses, hard-earned by building trust with financial regulators in over 38 countries. This combination of regulatory and tech assets is unique to Nium and is at the core of our unique value proposition.
Where do you come into the picture?
You will be part of the Financial Reconciliation Team focusing on reconciliation for all the products of NIUM.
What would a day in your life @ Nium look like?
In your role you would need to :
- Have a strong understanding of Reconciliation processes (Cross Border Remittances, Card Transactions, Wallet Transactions), implications, risks, and controls.
- Ability to review, edit and/or create reconciliation rules on the reconciliation platform.
- Prepare daily/weekly/monthly/annually Reports on outcomes and exceptions.
- Have a clear understanding of Bank Statements, able to identify exceptions and highlight the information required for Reconciliation.
- Make exceptions visible to the Operational Leadership team on a timely basis is very key to the success in the role.
- Coordinate with relevant stakeholders for reviewing and clearing open items.
- Work with the Tech team on preparing and finalising the Business Requirement Documents and the Change Request documents
- Work with the Finance team to meet requirements on both output & strict timelines.
- This role will require you to work in a rotational shift environment. Also, given Nium operates across multiple geographies there are no fixed holidays, and we follow a flexible holiday schedule.
What expertise & experiences would you need to have to play this kind of role?
- 4-6 years of relevant experience in the reconciliation process.
- Good understanding of the nuances of a Reconciliation Platform and of the Reconciliation Rules.
- Strong hands-on reconciliation experience in Payments or Cards or Wallets or all in a multicurrency environment
- Good understanding of payment formats like SWIFT/ACH, currencies, payment gateways, operational risk around payments.
- Worked with Finance teams to meet their accounting requirements within defined timelines.
- Is comfortable in end-user Technology to :
- Review/Own/Transcribe business requirements specifications with the Tech team.
- Participate in UAT.
- Identify system discrepancies and work with the Tech team for short- & long-term solutions.
- Self-driven and a go-getter who is comfortable in dealing with open-ended problems.
- Is solution-oriented and can come up with solution options for problem statements.
Join the world of Open Money @ NIUM
We, at Nium, are on a mission to transform global financial infrastructure. We are driven by our co-created values of teamwork, innovation, customer obsession, and accountability. These aren't just buzzwords, they're how we do business every day and owned by each and every employee at Nium. We create new rules and new possibilities for a world of open money.
Know more about us at - www.nium.com