Ninjacart - Senior Business Analyst/Business Analyst (2-6 yrs)
About Ninjacart :
- Ninjacart is Indias largest B2B fresh produce supply chain company. A pioneer in the tech-driven supply chain space for fresh vegetables and fruits in India, Ninjacart has raised over $150mn from Tiger Global, Accel US, Accel India, Syngenta and others.
- Over the last 4 years, our made-for-India technology and India centric solutions have disrupted the way fruits and vegetables move from farms to consumer's plates. Today, we source fruits and vegetables from farmers across 20+ Indian states and deliver to 17,000+ local kiranas and restaurants across 7 major cities, every day, in less than 12 hours.
- Our vision is to build India's most efficient and largest supply chain company, improving the lives of producers, businesses & consumers in a meaningful manner. Our focus is to make the Ninjacart innovation more accessible and leverage our strengths to innovate for new product categories and customer segments while solving complex supply chain problems.
Read more here :
About the role :
- At Ninjacart, we solve meaningful, hard, and real-world problems to makes farmers life better at scale and change the way vegetables and fruits(FnV) reach our plate. We follow a data-driven approach which helps our Analytics team add great business value.
- The Analytics team at Ninjacart is tasked with delivering insights that potentially drive business value. As a Business Analyst, you shall work closely with the Functional Heads & be the go-to-person for all data and insights within your functional scope.
- The responsibilities include but are not limited to, pricing, route mapping, demand prediction, sales forecasting, etc. The individual in this role must be able to interface effectively with Stakeholders at all levels of the organization. Having an investigative approach, logical thinking, problem handling, and interpretation skills are key requirements for a person in this role.
What you will do?
- Develop analytical models to assess the impact of changes to pricing and products on business profitability and scale
- Create various algorithms for optimizing demand & supply data
- Data analysis and solution building based on insights capture from data
- Responsible for giving insights to management and help in strategic planning
- Structure concise reports with insights supported by solid analytics and logical thinking
- Cross-team projects and streamlining of the process
- The root cause analysis of problems and suggesting improvements to product/ops based on insights
What you will need to have ?
- 2 to 6 years of Hands-on Experience in the Analytics domain
- Good presentation and communication skills
- Strong knowledge of data mining techniques like time series forecasting, regression, classification, and clustering techniques
- Computer Science / Programming background is preferred (C, JAVA, Python, R)
- Must have worked on R, Excel, SQL (Python is a plus)
- Hands-on Clustering, Decision Trees, Classification Algorithms
- Understanding numbers and statistics is a must
- Strong sense of urgency
- Self-starter with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
Skill-sets required :
- Data-Driven : Sharp aptitude and excellent numerical acumen; ability to sift through large volumes of data.
- Exceptional problem-solving skills : Problem-solving is an important form of critical thinking. Ability to understand the problem from all the perspectives (i.e. business, technical, and end-user), analyze the available options and constraints and then, recommend possible solutions
- Analytical skills : Should be able to tackle every problem analytically i.e. first understanding a problem ->visualizing -> analyzing -> gathering more information -> striving to solve it
- Communication Skills : Good written and oral communication skills with the ability to present and clearly explain data to non-technical audiences.
- Industry and domain expertise : Sound knowledge on various trends, relevant statistical tools, and also have the ability to understand the business environment & grasp the business expectations.