Ninjacart - Regional Sales Head (5-10 yrs)
About Ninjacart :
- Ninjacart is India's largest B2B fresh produce supply chain company. A pioneer in the tech-driven supply chain space for fresh vegetables and fruits in India, Ninjacart has raised over $150mn from Tiger Global, Accel US, Accel India, Syngenta, and others. Over the last 4 years, our made-for-India technology and India centric solutions have disrupted the way fruits and vegetables move from farms to consumer's plates. Today, we source fruits and vegetables from farmers across 20+ Indian states and deliver to 17,000+ local kiranas and restaurants across 7 major cities, every day, in less than 12 hours.
- Our vision is to build India's most efficient and largest supply chain company, improving the lives of producers, businesses & consumers in a meaningful manner.
- Our focus is to make the Ninjacart innovation more accessible and leverage our strengths to innovate for new product categories and customer segments while solving complex supply chain problems.
- Read more here: https://yourstory.com/2019/04/startup-funding-ninjacart-tiger-globa
About the role:
- Sales at Ninjacart is all about driving growth by solving customer problems and ensuring we deliver the compelling value proposition. On a day level, sales team drives, Customer acquisitions, retention, growing basket size and growing Ninjacart platform.
- The Regional Sales Manager leads a regional sales team to drive growth for the complete assigned region - targeting potential customers. You will drive growth strategy, execution and volumes for multiple business verticals - General trade, HoReCa and Convenience channel. You will hire, train and build a strong sales organization to drive sustainable and explosive growth.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Being in charge of Regional Sales you will be responsible for developing and implementing the go-to-market strategy with regards to sales targets
- Achieving stability in the customer space through volume, quality, on-time delivery, and profit margins. Building new customers, and expanding existing ones to increase the order count & volume
- Prepare, analyze and circulate weekly sales reports for Sales Head's. Analyzing sales data to accurately forecast future sales and forming sales plans to adapt to constant shifts in the market
- Support sales leaders in resolving day-to-day issues. He or she will be the point of contact to drive and implement these changes for the given cities
- Directs activities of the city team & field sales staff to ensure it's as per the business plans and policies. Establish sales territories and their targets
- Coach and mentor Sales Head's & ASM's and enable them to be better mentors and coaches for their front line sales teams. Coach, train and support them in managing their task effectively
- Encourage & ensure Sales Leader's to have meetings with customers to understand their future plan, pain-points and to resolve issues
- Plan and initiate timely recruitment of all sales personnel in the region ensuring complete manning. Ensure that all new people who join the region are inducted well, and as per a well-defined system
- Maintain open communication with Sales Heads, ASM's & Sales Executives and succeed in building & maintaining enthusiasm and a positive attitude in all of them
- Manage the aspirations of the entire sales team in line with the career progression policy of the company and ensure that the employee turnover of the company of the sales team is within acceptable limits
- Appraise periodically, the individual performance of direct reportees against agreed standards of performance, identify areas for improvement and implement training plans
Required Skill-sets / Education:
- 5 to 10 years' experience in sales and management in the FMCG industry (preferable if one stint is in a Startup)
- Results-oriented, entrepreneurial and self-motivated
- Tenacious and resilient, driven to achieve even when faced with obstacles
- Demonstrated success with profit contribution responsibilities
- Good communication & presentations skills, ability to motivate the sales team to achieve targets, fostering a high level of team growth and contribution
- Sound commercial understanding of business issues and opportunities. A clear understanding of sales strategy and planning issues
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities; demonstrated the ability to identify and leverage opportunities; identify problems and determine course corrections in regards to SKU -rationalization for customers and/or distributors