Ninjacart - Regional Last Mile Head (5-8 yrs)
About Ninjacart :
Ninjacart is India's largest B2B fresh produce supply chain company. A pioneer in the tech-driven supply chain space for fresh vegetables and fruits in India, Ninjacart has raised over $150mn from Tiger Global, Accel US, Accel India, Syngenta and others. Over the last 4 years, our made-for-India technology and India centric solutions have disrupted the way fruits and vegetables move from farms to consumer's plates. Today, we source fruits and vegetables from farmers across 20+ Indian states and deliver to 17,000+ local kiranas and restaurants across 7 major cities, every day, in less than 12 hours.
Our vision is to build India's most efficient and largest supply chain company, improving the lives of producers, businesses & consumers in a meaningful manner.
Our focus is to make the Ninjacart innovation more accessible and leverage our strengths to innovate for new product categories and customer segments while solving complex supply chain problems.
Read more here:
Recent Awards :
- Thirukumaran Nagarajan (CEO & Co-Founder): Young Entrepreneur of the Year 2019, Food Tech
- Kartheeswaran Kandaswamy (COO & Co-founder) & Ashutosh (Co-Founder): Forbes 30 under 30
What we are looking for?
- We are looking for an experienced Regional Last-Mile Head who will be responsible for managing resources like infrastructure, labors and also plan the Last Mile operations for the assigned region in terms of receiving/ order building/ dispatching that helps run a seamless supply chain system at a regional level (North or West).
- Ideal profile is someone with a minimum of 5+ years of supply chain operations experience with rich experience in Last-Mile delivery and in team management who sees the big picture of the system, Identify the inefficiencies, frame the optimizations that can be done, Scale the operations across his/her region.
What you will do? | Responsibilities:
- Own the end to end Last Mile Operations and ensures the end to end smooth running of logistics operations for the region
- Ensure availability of adequate and trained manpower at Facilities and Region as per manpower and business plan
- Responsible for the reduction in cost and increase in productivity for the region
- Ensure SOP Adherence in the region at all times.
- Ensure commercial and statutory compliances are met along with the support of teams in the region
- Maintain the cost of operations as per budget in the region
- Ensuring Regional Performance reporting periodically
- Benchmarking with Competition by updating regarding Last-Mile Delivery solutions, coping up with latest trends, innovations and industry best practices
- Driver key operational and customer service metrics consistently
- Manage cost, quality, and efficiency to achieve operations SLAs
- Ensure the system and ops level guidelines strictly adhere to the respective facilities in the region
- Influence any changes necessary to meet statutory requirements, ensuring minimum risk to staff members and the business
What you will need to have | Requirements:
- MBA/PGDM from a Tier I; Tier II college
- 5 to 9 Years of relevant experience. Preferable Companies/Industries -> Logistics & Supply Chain, Courier companies (Gati, Bluedart, etc.), E-commerce, FMCG
- Operational Knowledge of Logistics/ Couriers/Retail/FMCG/FMCD industry
- Should have complete control, ownership, and accountability in managing the facilities in their region
- Has the ability to manage all environmental bodies such as Government officials and compliance inspectors, local authorities and non-governmental bodies in the region
- Preference will be given to those candidates who have the knowledge and skill of leading large operations and support teams in the area or region
- Has the ability to identify, analyze and propose solutions for effective and efficient Regional operations
- People Management: Ability to handle a layered team of more than 40 in an effective way and specify tasks and effective utilization of the available resource
- Data-Driven: Innate sense towards data & strong grip over operations metrics. Experience in process improvement and lean techniques
- Process Adherence: Ability to bring rigor to the process and SOPs to ensure we build consistency and reliability on a day to day basis and scalability in long-term
- Personality: High Energy, go-getter, and proactive personality. Should be a self- starter and should be able to work independently, take end-to-end responsibility and accountability for results