Ninjacart - Regional Last Mile Head (5-8 yrs)
About Ninjacart :
- Ninjacart is India's largest Fresh Produce Supply Chain Company. We are pioneers in solving one of the toughest supply chain problems of the world by leveraging innovative technology. We source fresh produce from farmers and deliver them to businesses within 12 hours. On one end, we help farmers get better prices and consistent demand and on another end, retailers receive fresh vegetables and fruits at competitive prices delivered to their doorstep. We do this effectively at a lower cost, better speed and a larger scale using integrated supply chain powered by technology, data science, infrastructure and logistics network.
- We work with 37000+ farmers across 150+ villages and 60000+ retailers across 7 cities - Bangalore, Chennai, Hyderabad, Pune, Mumbai, Delhi, and Ahmedabad. Currently, we move 1400 tonnes of Fresh Produce from farms to businesses every day.
- We raised $100 million from Tiger Global in the latest Series C round. We are also funded by Accel US, Nandan Nilekani, Mistletoe(Japan), Syngenta, Qualcomm Ventures, and others during previous rounds of funding.
- To know more about us, watch https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JxUU0RnvYQ&t=2s
Recent Awards :
- Thirukumaran Nagarajan (CEO & Co-Founder): Young Entrepreneur of the Year 2019, Food Tech
- Kartheeswaran Kandaswamy (COO & Co-founder) & Ashutosh (Co-Founder): Forbes 30 under 30
What we are looking for?
- We are looking for an experienced Regional Last-Mile Head who will be responsible for managing resources like infrastructure, labors and also plan the Last Mile operations for the assigned region in terms of receiving/ order building/ dispatching that helps run a seamless supply chain system at a regional level (North or West).
- Ideal profile is someone with a minimum of 5+ years of supply chain operations experience with rich experience in Last-Mile delivery and in team management who sees the big picture of the system, Identify the inefficiencies, frame the optimizations that can be done, Scale the operations across his/her region.
What you will do? | Responsibilities:
- Own the end to end Last Mile Operations and ensures the end to end smooth running of logistics operations for the region
- Ensure availability of adequate and trained manpower at Facilities and Region as per manpower and business plan
- Responsible for the reduction in cost and increase in productivity for the region
- Ensure SOP Adherence in the region at all times.
- Ensure commercial and statutory compliances are met along with the support of teams in the region
- Maintain the cost of operations as per budget in the region
- Ensuring Regional Performance reporting periodically
- Benchmarking with Competition by updating regarding Last-Mile Delivery solutions, coping up with latest trends, innovations and industry best practices
- Driver key operational and customer service metrics consistently
- Manage cost, quality, and efficiency to achieve operations SLAs
- Ensure the system and ops level guidelines strictly adhere to the respective facilities in the region
- Influence any changes necessary to meet statutory requirements, ensuring minimum risk to staff members and the business
What you will need to have | Requirements:
- MBA/PGDM from a Tier I; Tier II college
- 5 to 9 Years of relevant experience. Preferable Companies/Industries -> Logistics & Supply Chain, Courier companies (Gati, Bluedart, etc.), E-commerce, FMCG
- Operational Knowledge of Logistics/ Couriers/Retail/FMCG/FMCD industry
- Should have complete control, ownership, and accountability in managing the facilities in their region
- Has the ability to manage all environmental bodies such as Government officials and compliance inspectors, local authorities and non-governmental bodies in the region
- Preference will be given to those candidates who have the knowledge and skill of leading large operations and support teams in the area or region
- Has the ability to identify, analyze and propose solutions for effective and efficient Regional operations
- People Management: Ability to handle a layered team of more than 40 in an effective way and specify tasks and effective utilization of the available resource
- Data-Driven: Innate sense towards data & strong grip over operations metrics. Experience in process improvement and lean techniques
- Process Adherence: Ability to bring rigor to the process and SOPs to ensure we build consistency and reliability on a day to day basis and scalability in long-term
- Personality: High Energy, go-getter, and proactive personality. Should be a self- starter and should be able to work independently, take end-to-end responsibility and accountability for results