Ninjacart - National Sourcing Head (8-12 yrs)
About Ninjacart :
Ninjacart is India's largest Fresh Produce Supply Chain Company. We are pioneers in solving one of the toughest supply chain problems of the world by leveraging innovative technology. We source fresh produce from farmers and deliver them to businesses within 12 hours.
We work with 37000+ farmers across 150+ villages and 60000+ retailers across 7 cities - Bangalore, Chennai, Hyderabad, Pune, Mumbai, Delhi, and Ahmedabad. Currently, we move 1400 tonnes of Fresh Produce from farms to businesses every day.
We raised $100 million from Tiger Global in the latest Series C round. We are also funded by Accel US, Nandan Nilekani, Mistletoe(Japan), Syngenta, Qualcomm Ventures, and others during previous rounds of funding.
What are we looking for?
- Display high levels of ownership and commitment
- Strong hustler
- Willing to travel extensively, visit mandis/markets and hit the ground to solve problems
- Outstanding interpersonal and public speaking skills
People Management : Ability to handle a layered team of more than 400 in an effective way and specify tasks and effective utilization of the available resource
Data-Driven : Innate sense towards data & strong grip over procurement metrics. Experience in process improvement and lean techniques
Process Adherence : Ability to bring rigor to the process and SOPs to ensure we build consistency and reliability on a day to day basis and scalability in long-term
Personality : High Energy, go-getter, and proactive personality. Should be a self- starter and should be able to work independently, take end-to-end responsibility and accountability for results
What will you do?
- Strong evangelist of the Ninjacart value proposition for farmers.
- Own end to end sourcing and ensure the end to end smooth running of business model.
- Responsible for the reduction in cost and increase in productivity
- Head the entire local direct farmer sourcing initiatives across PAN India. This includes highly perishable and daily purchase products.
- Build a sustainable and scalable sourcing network.
- Own farmer happiness and the better livelihood for farming families.
- Ensure availability of adequate and trained manpower across cities and the business plan. - Hire, Train and develop a high-performance sourcing team.
- Set clear goals, incentive structure and targets and drive them effectively.
- Improve the productivity of the sourcing team by identifying and filling the current training gaps and performance management systems.
- Ensuring Pan India Performance reporting periodically
What will you have | Requirements :
- MBA/PGDM from a Tier I/Tier II college
- 8 to 12 Years of relevant experience. Preferable Companies/Industries -> FMCG, FMCD, Ecommerce.
- Solid understanding of sales fundamentals.
- Willing to travel on work extensively
- Entrepreneurial zeal and startup enthusiast.