Ninjacart - Manager - Legal (7-8 yrs)
About Ninjacart :
Ninjacart is India's largest B2B fresh produce supply chain company. A pioneer in the tech-driven supply chain space for fresh vegetables and fruits in India, Ninjacart has raised over $150mn from Tiger Global, Accel US, Accel India, Syngenta and others. Over the last 4 years, our made-for-India technology and India centric solutions have disrupted the way fruits and vegetables move from farms to consumers plate. Today, we source fruits and vegetables from farmers across 20+ Indian states and deliver to 17,000+ local kiranas and restaurants across 7 major cities, every day, in less than 12 hours.
Our vision is to build India's most efficient and largest supply chain company, improving the lives of producers, businesses & consumers in a meaningful manner.
Our focus is to make the Ninjacart innovation more accessible and leverage our strengths to innovate for new product categories and customer segments while solving complex supply chain problems.
Read more here: https://yourstory.com/2019/04/startup-funding-ninjacart-tiger-global
Legal Counsel @ Ninjacart
Key requirement :
- Well versed with corporate law, contract law, FDI regulations and Food industry laws
- Experience in financing rounds
- Knowledge of legal issues involved in Labour laws and handling legal issues of labour will be added advantage
- Ability to interpret and apply different laws and offer solutions to business problems
Roles & Responsibilities :
- Drafting and negotiating various commercial agreements such as Service, Subscription, Facility, Security, Engagement letters with Service Providers, Confidentiality agreements and other relevant legal documentation and subsequent amendments
- Maintain contract database along with the sending renewal reminders and processing any renewal request if so received
- Review legal communications from customers, service providers, third parties and government agencies, and draft responses to same; draft outgoing legal correspondence relating to the enforcement of contracts, intellectual property, and other rights
- Working with external counsel on various financing rounds and legal due diligence
- Review RFPs and RFQs, offering appropriate alternatives to contract terms and conditions
- Routine legal advice to top leadership in business & operations and conduct legal research on various topics such as new initiatives, changes in business and organization structure
- Work on consumer complaints, notices and any consumer-related escalations
- Handle all legal matters- criminal or civil with Third parties and advise management in decision-making process for settlement of disputes or taking legal actions with :
a. Sub Contractor
b. Sub Vendors
Any business associates and third parties
Should be well versed with Arbitration & Court cases preparations & Handling / Companies Act / Legal Handling of Contracts with Customer & Sub-contractors & Vendors / Preparation of Agreements & MOUs, NDA, JV, Consortium & agency agreements / Labour laws/ Indian Law.