Ninjacart - Head - City Last Mile Operations (3-8 yrs)
About Ninjacart :
- Ninjacart is India's largest Fresh Produce Supply Chain Company. We are pioneers in solving one of the toughest supply chain problems of the world by leveraging innovative technology. We source fresh produce from farmers and deliver them to businesses within 12 hours. On one end, we help farmers get better prices and consistent demand and on another end, retailers receive fresh vegetables and fruits at competitive prices delivered to their doorstep. We do this effectively at a lower cost, better speed and a larger scale using integrated supply chain powered by technology, data science, infrastructure, and logistics network.
- We work with 37000+ farmers across 150+ villages and 60000+ retailers across 7 cities - Bangalore, Chennai, Hyderabad, Pune, Mumbai, Delhi, and Ahmedabad. Currently, we move 1400 tonnes of Fresh Produce from farms to businesses every day.
- We raised $100 million from Tiger Global in the latest Series C round. We are also funded by Accel US, Nandan Nilekani, Mistletoe(Japan), Syngenta, Qualcomm Ventures, and others during previous rounds of funding.
To know more about us, watch https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JxUU0RnvYQ&t=2s
- Thirukumaran Nagarajan (CEO & Co-Founder): Young Entrepreneur of the Year 2019, Food Tech
- Kartheeswaran Kandaswamy (COO & Co-founder) & Ashutosh (Co-Founder): Forbes 30 under 30
- This position is open for Delhi, Mumbai & Chennai
What we are looking for?
- We are looking for an experienced Last Mile Operations Head who will be responsible for managing resources like infrastructure, labors and also plan the daily operations in terms of receiving/ order building/ dispatching that helps run a seamless supply chain system at the city level. Ideal profile is someone with a minimum of 3+ years of supply chain operations experience with razor-sharp intellect, strong project management skills, and an innate desire for growth, looking for a start-up experience.
- The operations team owns the execution of daily operations and ensures we deliver the F&V to the customers in a timely fashion.
What you will do? | Responsibilities
- Own the end to end operations of Distribution Center operations and Last Mile Logistics which include infrastructure, people, and processes
- Driver key operational and customer service metrics consistently
- Manage cost, quality, and efficiency to achieve operations SLAs
- Ensure the system and ops level guidelines strictly adhere to the respective facilities
- Take decisions on matters relating to the day to day operations within the assigned Business unit including the strategic planning of resources
- Influence any changes necessary to meet statutory requirements, ensuring minimum risk to staff members and the business
- Set targets and proactively manage & review the performance of Distribution Centre Teams.
- Manage relationships with key vendors pertaining to operations
What you will need to have | Requirements
- MBA/PGDM from a Tier I; Tier II college
- 3 to 5 Years of relevant experience. Preferable
Companies/Industries - Logistics & Supply Chain, Courier companies (Gati, Bluedart, etc.), E-commerce, FMCG
- People Management: Ability to handle a layered team of more than 20 in an effective way and specify tasks and effective utilization of the available resource
- Data-Driven: Innate sense towards data & strong grip over operations metrics. Experience in process improvement and lean techniques
- Process Adherence: Ability to bring rigor to the process and SOPs to ensure we build consistency and reliability on a day to day basis and scalability in long-term
- Personality: High Energy, go-getter, and proactive personality. Should be a self- starter and should be able to work independently, take end to-end responsibility and accountability for results