Ninjacart - City Sourcing Head (3-7 yrs)
Ninjacart is India's Largest Agri marketing platform, solving one of the toughest supply chain problems through technology. We connect vegetables and fruits farmers directly with businesses. At one end, we help farmers get better prices and deal with consistent demand and on another end, we help retailers to source fresh vegetables at competitive prices directly from farmers. We do this effectively at lower cost, better speed and larger scale using integrated supply chain powered by technology, data science, infrastructure, and logistics network.
We move 300 Tonnes of vegetables from farm to 4000+ retailers on daily basis within 12 hours in Bangalore, Mysore, Chennai & Hyderabad. We are 1000 people company. We work with 3000+ farmers. We aim to grow to 750 tonnes of daily volume by the end of March.
Ninjacart aims at building the next generation supply chain that can change the way vegetables and fruits reach our plate and improve the lives of India's 58% workforce i.e. farmers.
We are funded by Accel Partners, Nandan Nilekani, Mistletoe(Japan) & Qualcomm Ventures. You can go through the blog to know more about Ninjacart - > http://bit.ly/know-ninjacart
Or watch https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JxUU0RnvYQ&t=2s
As a City Sourcing Head, you will be tasked with the most important role at ninjacart - build strong farmer network and procurement channels.
- Strong evangelist of the ninjacart value proposition for farmers
- Head the entire local direct farmer sourcing initiatives. This includes highly perishable and daily purchase products
- Build a sustainable and scalable sourcing network
- Own farmer happiness and the better livelihood for farming families
- Own fulfillment and pipeline building for local sourcing products
- Explore new farming cluster for around the year supply at competitive market prices
- Drive 50 member team to build strong farmer relationships
- Hire, Train and develop a high-performance sourcing team
- Set clear goals, incentive structure, and targets and drive them effectively
-Improve the productivity of the sourcing team by identifying and filling the current training gaps and performance management systems.
Required Skill-sets / Education:
- 3+ years of strong sales experience from FMCG / Consumer durables / Telecom Industry / Healthcare / Pharmaceuticals / Agriculture and allied industries
- Solid understanding of sales fundamentals
- Thorough knowledge of Word, Excel and PowerPoint, MS Access is desirable
- Must have managed at least 5 direct reports and large layered teams - Esp field sales team
- Proven people manager and team builder with references
- Good communication & presentations skills, ability to motivate the team to achieve targets, fostering a high level of team growth and contribution
Must Have Attributes:
- Exceptional problem-solving skills with a strong commitment to improving things every day
- Excellent eye for detail, able to deep dive and good problem-solving skills
- Ability to take decision-based on sound logical arguments
- Self-starter/multi-tasker, confident, resourceful with good presentation skills