Ninjacart - Business Head - National Procurement Team (5-8 yrs)
Business Head - National Procurement Team
- Ninjacart is India's largest Fresh Produce Supply Chain Company. We are pioneers in solving one of the toughest supply chain problems of the world by leveraging innovative technology. We source fresh produce from farmers and deliver them to businesses within 12 hours.
- On one end, we help farmers get better prices and consistent demand and on another end, retailers receive fresh vegetables and fruits at competitive prices delivered to their doorstep. We do this effectively at a lower cost, better speed and a larger scale using integrated supply chain powered by technology, data science, infrastructure and logistics network.
- We work with 37000+ farmers across 150+ villages and 60000+ retailers across 7 cities - Bangalore, Chennai, Hyderabad, Pune, Mumbai, Delhi, and Ahmedabad. Currently, we move 1400 tonnes of Fresh Produce from farms to businesses every day.
- We raised $100 million from Tiger Global in the latest Series C round. We are also funded by Accel US, Nandan Nilekani, Mistletoe(Japan), Syngenta, Qualcomm Ventures, and others during previous rounds of funding.
- To know more about us, watch https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JxUU0RnvYQ&t=2s
Read more here: https://yourstory.com/2019/04/startup-funding-ninjacart-tiger-global
Roles and Responsibilities :
The Business Head for National Procurement is responsible for 50% (and more) of the company's requirements in F&V.
1. He/she would need to handle procurement as per plan
2. Handle remote operations of a large sized team
3. Develop understanding on the buying price and the selling price of select commodities and drive margins.
4. Develop and maintain a strong vendor base
Required Skill-sets :
Looking to hire someone to head the business for National Procurement (F&V) at Ninjacart. Ideal candidate profile is as follows :
1. Between 5 to 8 years of work-experience post MBA
2. Previous experience in FMCG, food-tech, startups etc. desirable
3. Experience across more than one industry/ vertical ideal.
4. Candidate should have the willingness to roll up his/her sleeves and hit the ground
5. Should have demonstrated an ability to lead large teams