Ninjacart - Business Analyst/Senior Business Analyst (2-6 yrs)
Safe food for a billion people. That's our mission at Ninjacart. We- re working on one of the hardest supply chain problems, globally - the journey of the food we eat - from farmers all the way to the retailers who sell to you and me.
The market we play in ridiculously big. It's an $80bn market in India - where nearly 96% of the market is in unorganized general trade, operating through local mandis and numerous middlemen. And that's where we come in: by eliminating the middlemen and taking ownership of the entire value chain, we ensure greater value for our producers and our customers. We- re just about getting started honestly - and we- re convinced it- ll be one hell of a ride.
It's a win-win for all our stakeholders:
- We help farmers get better prices and deal with consistent demand - we- re literally saving lives (farmer suicides are rampant in various parts of India)
- We help retailers source vegetables at lower costs, ensuring freshness through highly efficient ops
- We- re reducing food wastage across the supply chain, saving the world in the process
- Last but far from least - we- re ensuring that all of us get fresher vegetables and fruits from the markets, for a better life for people in India
How do we do all of this?
We do this effectively at a lower cost, better speed and larger scale using integrated supply chain powered by technology, analytics, infrastructure and logistics network.
We move 600 Tonnes of produce from farmers to retailers in less than 12 hours everyday!
We work with 12,000+ farmers and 17,000+ retailers each month. We had been operating out of Bangalore, Chennai and Hyderabad, and we- ve recently launched operations in Delhi, Mumbai, Pune and Ahmedabad as well. We plan to scale up to 20+ cities across India, in our next phase of growth.
In a short span of 3.5+ years, we have garnered support from various stakeholders who believe in our mission and stand by us. We have recently raised $100 million (as a part of Series C round), which was led by Tiger Global. Our previously existing investors include Accel US, Syngenta Ventures, Jo Hirao, Founder of ZIGExN, Neoplux, HR Capital, Trifecta Capital, Accel India, Nandan Nilekani, Mistletoe and Qualcomm Ventures.
Read more here: https://yourstory.com/2019/04/startup-funding-ninjacart-tiger-global
The analytics team at Ninjacart is charged to deliver insights that potentially drive business value. As a Business Analyst, you will work closely with the Functional Heads and will be the expert & go-to-person for all data and insights. This work includes, but is not limited to, pricing, route mapping, demand predictions, sales forecasting, etc. The individual in this role must be able to interface effectively with Stakeholders at all levels of the organization. One should have an investigative approach, logical thinking, problem handling and interpretation skills.
- Develop analytical models to assess the impact of changes to pricing and products on business profitability and scale
- Create various algorithms for optimizing demand & supply data
- Data analysis and solution building based on insights capture from data
- Responsible for giving insights to management and help in strategic planning
- Structure concise reports with insights supported by solid analytics and logical thinking
- Cross-team projects and streamlining of the process
- The root cause Analysis of problems and suggesting improvements to product/ops based on insights
Required Skill-sets / Education
- 2 to 6 years of experience in data-analytics; experience in the e-commerce industry is preferred
- Knowledge of statistical tools and techniques.
- Strong knowledge in SQL and manipulating large data sets in a database.
- Advanced Excel proficiency including Pivot tables, vlookup / hlookup, graphs etc.
- Proficiency in R/Python[d2].
- Proficiency in data visualization and presentation; experience with Tableau is a plus.
- Strong sense of urgency
- Self-starter with ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Data Driven: Sharp aptitude and excellent numerical acumen; ability to sift through large volumes of data.
- Problem-solving skills: - Problem-solving is an important form of critical thinking- . Ability to understand the problem from all the perspectives (i.e. business, technical and end-user), analyze the available options and constraints and then, recommend possible solutions
- Analytical skills: Should be able to tackle every problem analytically i.e. first understanding a problem ->visualizing -> analyzing -> gathering more information -> striving to solve it
- Communication Skills: Good written and oral communication skills with the ability to present and clearly explain data to non-technical audiences.
- Industry and domain expertise: Sound knowledge on various trends, relevant statistical tools and also have the ability to understand the business environment & grasp the business expectations.
- MS Office
- Statistics Modelling
- Decision making
- Data Analysis
- Analytical Thinking
- Data Driven
- Ability to work under pressure