NIIT - Product Head - IIT/BITS/NIT/IIM/FMS/ISB/MDI (12-20 yrs)
About NIIT Ltd. :
- NIIT is a leading Skills and Talent Development Corporation that is building a manpower pool for global industry requirements.
- The company, which was set up in 1981 to help the nascent IT industry overcome its human resource challenges, today ranks among the world's leading training companies owing to its vast and comprehensive array of talent development programs.
- With a footprint across 40 nations, NIIT offers training and development solutions to Individuals, Enterprises, and Institutions.
Role Overview :
- NIIT's Career Education Business delivers a diverse range of learning and talent development programs to millions of individual and corporate learners in areas including Banking, Finance & Insurance, Retail Sales Enablement, Management Education, Multi-Sectorial Vocational Skills, Digital Media Marketing, and programs in digital transformation technologies. This focuses on providing employability skills to learners along with value-added courses.
- We are looking out for an enthusiastic Product Manager to help us grow our Customer base and expand NIIT's offerings in line with the latest skilling/development programs that are in demand.
- This is a unique opportunity to shape the growth of not only NIIT's career education arm but an entire industry that is undergoing a global scale transformation.
Job Responsibilities :
- Understand customer needs and gather product requirements.
- Lead the development of the product roadmap through conducting user research, analysing the competitive environment and understanding key product metrics.
- Grow business and product metrics over the acquisition, learning outcomes, and retention journey
- Build the best digital experience for end to end learner journey to help them achieve their career objectives
- Devise Product Strategy: both long term strategy and quarterly roadmap for Community and Paid products.
- Engage closely with the engineering team to help determine the best technical implementation methods as well as a reasonable implementation schedule.
- Work closely with the design team to create wireframes and write requirements/specifications for all new product features and additions to existing features
- Build and document product use cases and scenarios
- Build backlogs of capabilities and Help track the development
- Exhibit sound product judgment and present clear measurable objectives that will lead to achieving business goals.
- Contribute with leadership and problem-solving qualities in the organisation to help build strong culture leading to customer success and business growth
- Identifying and defining KPIs and metrics for your team and drive overall team performance
- Product Conceptualization with a problem first, data-driven, test & iterate approach.
- Market research, collecting user feedback and information from other teams to identify priority areas for product development
- Ability to Design and understand user journeys.
- Work closely with fellow engineering, design, and business leadership to define our product vision and strategy across your product areas, and deliver tangible business outcomes
- Maintaining a prioritized feature backlog, with internal buy-ins.
- Developing operational efficiencies to bring quality products to market in the least amount of time
- Lead organizational initiatives to establish best-in-class product management practices within the organization
- Lead and contribute to cross-functional growth initiatives with program design, sales, marketing, and student success teams
- Owning projections for features with regards to revenue, spends, etc.
- Presenting and communicating product plans and feature updates to relevant stakeholders
Requirements include :
- 12+ years of experience in product management with major results under your belt.
- Experience leading product and UX teams
- A strong technical background that earns you the respect and trust of our engineers.
- Passion for design and user experience: your wireframes can convey a product vision.
- Experience managing the development process: you know how to make things happen.
- All-around great leader: someone capable of inspiring and influencing others.
- A customer-centric approach to designing and building products
- Strong analytical reasoning skills and a bias toward data-driven decision-making, combined with solid business judgment.
- B.Tech / MBA from Tier 1 Institute
- Hands on knowledge of agile product development
- Ability to prioritize for impact
- A deep understanding and appreciation for good design and user experience