NetApp - Manager - Statutory Audit (12-17 yrs)
Basic Function: As a Manager Statutory Audit (US GAAP, IFRS) this position is responsible for effective leadership of the finance team, effective accounting practices in planning, preparing and execution of Global Statutory audits, understand and advise on internal control in line with accepted accounting practices and provide management financial accountancy services to the management.
The Key Responsibilities Are
Audit service delivery - Be the leader for a group of professionals 4-5 responsible for audit service delivery and ensure timely quality audit deliverables on the work done by self and the team. The professional will build strong relationships with the Global colleagues and identifying areas where COE can improve quality and increase the scope of work under the overall permissibility paradigm
COE focus and strategic initiatives - Be responsible for managing a multiple audit across Globe. Act as a Service Champion/Lead in shaping up CoE level strategic initiatives like Centralization/Innovation.
People development and management - Be a performance manager for a group (4 to 5) of professionals; Play a key role in the development of the team, coach and act as a mentor for the team-members on the US industry specific areas of audit work that could be done on a remote platform
This position responsibilities also include the following:
- Strong technical knowledge of accounting, understanding of reporting requirements under IFRS/Multiple GAAP's including consolidations, intercompany accounting, Revenue recognition, leases, financial instruments and M&A accounting.
- Interpret, develop, implement, and monitor accounting policies, processes, and procedures
- Carry out the audit preparation in accordance with the Generally Accepted Auditing Standards under US GAAP, Local GAAP
- Verify the compliance of GAAP and other statutes for accounting as well as disclosure requirements, including encouraging/advising management to adopt the best practices for Financial Reporting
- Provide counsel on accounting related issues, disclosure obligations related to business transactions, and financial statements
- Trouble shooting problems, executing the root-cause analysis and implementing solutions
- Manage own time effectively and ensure that project work is completed to timescale and budget.
- Exceptional ability to inspire team members, drive outcomes, overcome adversity, set goals and hold people accountable to goals, build strong relationships, and make better decisions based on performance.
- Consistent in maintaining the team coordination, appreciate and acknowledge team members achievements
- Ensure all work is completed to the standards required by senior staff
- Focused on adding value and improving delivery
- Demonstrate out-of-the-box thinking while providing solutions
- Set systems in place that track and meet the quality standards
- Process management, documentation and ongoing improvement of process
- Digitize and automate with technology
- Identify context changes in specific country audit that deserve escalation to the reporting manager
- Should be able to stretch and adopt to audit timelines and be able to have an attitude of resolving issues/problems even under pressure
- Knowledge and keeping current/up-to-date information with market changes; Market awareness
- Liaison with internal and external auditors
- Knowledge of US GAAP / IFRS and international auditing standards
- Understand the accounting difference between the GAAPs and the ability to translate the differences and being able to design a process to track and reconcile the differences.
- Prior experience in audit and should have proven experience in audit service delivery.
- Prior team and people management skills and ability to handle stakeholder relationships are essential.
- A high level of professionalism/independence/confidentiality is a pre-requisite for the role
- Strong organizational skills are required, with an ability to meet deadlines and to multi-task
- Effective communication skills are required to interface well with management and auditors across the globe
- Experience with international tax structures and the translation of these structures to the financial statements is preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Personal initiative, resourcefulness, and professional enthusiasm are important skills for success in this role.
- Be a quick learner and demonstrate adaptability to change
- Understanding of Secretarial practice related to Companies returns filings, Direct and Indirect
Qualified CA/US CPA/ACCA and minimum of Bachelors- degree in Finance & Accounting
- 12+ years of overall experience with 5years handling audits that are global in nature.
- Experience with Big 4/leading Audit firms or their shared service center and exposure to MNC audits would be preferred
- Preferably to have Oracle ERP environment experience
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.