HR at Neovia Logistics Services India Pvt Ltd
Views:188 Applications:32 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Neovia Logistics - IT Analyst (5-8 yrs)
Job Purpose :
Assists in the development of detailed system specifications for major business or technical support and/or development, integration and implementation projects. Applies systems to business/technical problems through customer interactions, design, programming, debugging, testing, and integration/implementation of automated information technology systems or business processes.
Context : Optional
JOB RELATED CHARACTERISTICS : Leadership, Delegation, Customer & leadership communication skills, stress tolerance, perseverance and Interpersonal skills in addition to Judgment, Decision making, Sense of urgency, creativity, Risk management, team communication skills, Analysis, Customer focus, Teamwork/cooperation, Initiative, Work standards and accountability. In addition, the incumbent should have a good knowledge of Neovia policies and procedures, and a general understanding of Neovia organization.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES :
- This position reports to an IT Manager, Senior IT Manager or IT Director as do other staff jobs in application and technical systems and programming sections. Customers may include internal Neovia organizations (service centers and/or worldwide business units), suppliers, dealers, and/or end users of Neovia equipment.
- Responsibilities of the incumbents are along functional lines with individuals assigned development and/or maintenance of existing BY application.
- The incumbent works independently on maintenance of in-place programs or BY application system set up as well as on detailed specifications related to moderately complex development, integration, and installation projects that directly impact customers and the BY application components required for operating their functions.
1. Competent to perform configuration, programming, and integration assignments without close
2. Provides project management, leadership, guidance, and assistance to other team members
3. Arranges, prepares and conducts meetings, workshops and presentations for a wide variety of technical
and non-technical audiences, demonstrating consistently high qualities of communication and persuasive
4. Contributes to, project and quality plans, cost benefit analyses and risk analyses taking account of the
requirements for functionality versus the constraints of time, cost and quality.
5. Works on more complex application/technical problem identification and resolution, including responding to off-shift and weekend support functions
6. Works independently on complex processes and modules that may be used by one or more programs,
systems or in support of BY application component change management
7. Develops major system modules, programs released based on requirements gathered from system
8. Performs integrated testing and customer acceptance testing of system components that requires careful planning and execution to ensure timely, quality results
9. Fully knowledgeable of current programming languages, program design and specification development, programming logic, logic diagrams, system analysis techniques, testing, debugging, documentation standards, file design, storage and internal systems
10. Performs integration tasks for in-house developed system component/functionality
11. Assists customers with documentation, training and usability efforts.
12. Other tasks and activities as directed.
Typical Profile :
Education and Experience :
1. Bachelors degree or a relevant degree, technical certification or equivalent experience
2. 5- 8 years of programming experience, functional experience, and/or business processes is a prerequisite.
Skills and Competencies :
1. Knowledgeable in one or more of the following :
a. Latest technology in programming languages
b. Computing hardware and software environments
c. MS Office productivity software for use in performing job
d. System integration processes
e. System administration processes and tools
f. Development processes and tools
2. Establish and maintain effective relationships at all levels of the organization, and with external vendors
and regulatory agencies.
3. Effective written, verbal, and presentation skills with the ability to shift approaches based on audience.
4. Ability to communicate complex issues/solutions in a manner that is easily understood and actionable
despite the audience.
5. Critical thinking abilities using fact-based troubleshooting skills.
6. Ability to perform well within a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment that requires the management of multiple projects at once, without compromising quality and service levels.
7. Ability to maintain confidentiality of extremely sensitive data at all times.
8. Must have the ability to work well within a team environment as well as independently, have exceptional interpersonal and organizational skills and pay specific attention to details.
Standard Competency Levels :
- Practical / Technical Knowledge: Advanced
- Planning / Organizing: Weekly
- Freedom to think / degree of autonomy: Standardized procedures
- Thinking challenge: Adaptative
- Freedom to act / Accountability: Standardized