Senior Manager at TrustKlub Consulting Pvt. Ltd.
Views:1450 Applications:465 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:163
National Sales Head - General Trade - Personal Care Division - Pharma (10-15 yrs)
At present, we are having an urgent opening for NATIONAL SALES MANAGER - GENERAL TRADE for a REPUTED PHARMA MNC Co for their BABY CARE division based at MUMBAI location.
The position is for personal care division and the main product is among top 3 in baby products in India
The company is an Indian multinational pharmaceutical and biotechnology company based in Mumbai
National Sales Head is responsible for establishing General trade set up for an emerging FMCG (premium baby and adult cosmetics portfolio). The organisation has presence in other channels (Modern trade, E commerce and Chemist Stores) and now its determined to build General trade.
- Incumbent would be responsible for setting up entire distribution network and sales structure from Scratch for ( i.e Identify, selection and on going engagement and governance of Distributors ) in a phased manner starting with Metros followed by Tier 1/2 cities.
- Fully accountable for General Trade sales strategy and revenue growth of the company on a PAN India basis. Complete ownership of P&L in the organization with a razor-sharp focus on increasing distribution and market share
- He/she assists the Regional Sales Manager (RSM) in delivering the overall regional sales objectives, supervises, fine-tunes and monitors the execution and takes pro-active initiatives to cease every opportunity to increase the sales in accordance with the companies- policies and strategies.
- He/she heads and coaches the General trade Sales Team It is his/her obligation to form an efficient and effective team that is perfectly cooperating with all internal and external partners.
Successful performance requires:
- Strong strategic and entrepreneurial mindset and calculate risk taking appetite
- Razor sharp focus on multiplying market share
- Sound forward thinking and planning skills
- Taking the full responsibility for decisions and repercussions and
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- Clear commitment and vision to steer the Sales team
Detailed Responsibilities (non-conclusive) :
Strategic Responsibilities :
1. Establish Distributor network ( identification, selection, TOT, On boarding timelines by geography and on going engagement ) in phased manner starting with top metros, followed by expansion into tier 1/ 2 cities.
2. Promote positive relations with partners, vendors, and distributors.
3. Partner and collaborate across functions Ensure planned distributors in the zone are appointed in time and are operational through proper coordination
4. Responsible for top line and bottom line for General Trade
5. Work closely with the business heads and top management in managing the consistency of the brand and supporting them with initiatives which are in line with the business objectives
6. Market and environmental scanning, advice on business trends and changes in the market place
Business Objectives :
1. To achieve volume and value objectives of the assigned territory within budget, time and policy parameters through efficient control of the network under charge
2. Manage entire Sales team and ensure smooth functioning of the department.
3. Define and implement performance parameters for Sales team and drive governance processes
4. Partner with Branding, Trade marketing, Supply chain and ensure flawless execution Executing the agreed strategic alliances with key outlets
5. Supervise the preparation, issuance, and delivery of sales materials, exhibits, and promotion programs.
6. Overall ownership of activity/ promotions and trade marketing activities across general trade outlet
7. Analyse market trends and behavior to uncover new business and sales opportunities.
8. Compile, analyze and present data on competition and the business environment.
9. Operating all Schemes & Promotional Activities (Marketing & Sales) as per prior approvals and discussed during the monthly review meetings
10. Own annual Sales forecast as well as geography wise target distribution Brand and SKU wise while looking at the Market Potential.
11. Training & Development of sales team, providing timely feedback in the market & through monthly review and meetings.
1. Overall ownership of general trade budgeting : visibility, monitoring and controlling.
2. Develop and manage sales budgets, and oversee the development and management of internal operating budgets.
3. Ensure all General trade related claims : Sales and distributors/ retailers claims (within stipulated time frame)
4. Distribution cost optimization and inventory optimisation responsibilities
5. Efficiency tracking of all the investments and promotions
- MBA or PGDM from a B. School, with 10-15 yrs of experience
- Should have worked for PAN India sales role in FMCG (or RSM level or equivalent with a reputed FMCG company)
- Exposure and understanding in building FMCG distributor set up
- Entrepreneurial orientation/Commercial flair. Should have handled P&L.
- Knowledge of structuring sales quota goals and revenue expectations.
- Planning & Budgeting for Sales Targets.
- Develop and nurture business partners: CFAs, CSAs, SS and Distributors
- Interface with internal cross-functional teams to ensure effective communication and coordination to execute company agenda