National Payments Corporation of India - Head - Technology Transformation (15-20 yrs)
Education and experience required
- BE / B. Tech or M.E / M. Tech or MCA from top engineering Institutes.
- 15-20 years of Technical experience in Payments Strategy and Innovations with demonstrated experience in Technology to lead to new business opportunities, process simplifications or cost reductions.
Job Purpose :
- Build capability on new technologies including AI, ML and Blockchain; Scan the evolving technology landscape (internal & external) to identify avenues for application of new age technologies, conduct POCs, prepare business cases. Drive development & implementation of the identified initiatives to ensure state-of-the-art technological infrastructure and platforms in the Indian Payments industry
- Develop robust understanding of prevailing technology solutions at NPCI by working extensively with different technology teams to develop overall view of the technology infrastructure
- To be the champion of technology innovation and transformation, working with innovation stakeholders across the business, creating a spirit and culture of collaboration, innovation and exploration.
- Keep abreast with latest technology developments in the industry and globally by participating in conferences, hackathons etc. to understand their applicability for NPCI
- Identify technological improvements relevant to NPCI's context by conducting high level research on feasibility and applicability in order to take them to implementation stage
- Continually look for incremental improvements/ enhancements in the existing technologies, based on industry knowledge, to adopt incremental changes on regular basis
- Work with technology teams (application development, technology infrastructure, data analytics etc.) to do initial POC for identified new technologies in order to establish feasibility of implementation
- Innovate and Create funnel of 2 to 4 products that are leveraging new technologies in the market.
- Undertake the impact analysis, such as projected cost and productivity improvements, cost of technology change and uptake, improvements in business operations etc. in order to make a business case for implementation of proposed change
- Work with technology teams for detailed implementation planning by identifying key pitfalls in order to ensure smooth and seamless rollout in least disruptive manner with minimum impact on day-to-day operations
- Understanding & delivering the proof of Concept (POC) with the team and preparing Solution/Business Proposals with various vendors.
- Hand-hold technology teams during the initial transition by providing necessary trainings, updates and knowledge transfer sessions to ensure sustainability and stabilization of change
- Proactively troubleshoot post implementation incidents and issues by working closely with technology teams
- Undertake post implementation analysis in order to understand desired impacts and to plan enhancements and further changes
- Engage external vendors and consultants, on need basis, to ensure smooth implementation of the proposed changes